atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: 1864 Pop Up Blocker - 09/20/13 02:34 PM
Looking for a free pop up blocker for my old XP Media Edition

Any suggestions?

Thank's
Posted By: skip555 Re: Pop Up Blocker - 09/20/13 02:37 PM
I use Ad block in both chrome and Firefox
Posted By: hawk82 Re: Pop Up Blocker - 09/20/13 03:27 PM
NoScript + Adblock Plus + Firefox. Cuts out 99% of any popups, advertisements, or malware-ridden web pages. Firefox by itself has a popup blocker, but NoScript + Adblock Plus provide addtional protection, by blocking Javascripts and other actions that cause popups.
Posted By: MooreTel Re: Pop Up Blocker - 09/20/13 04:48 PM
Are you talking about "NoScript Security Suite 2.6.7.1"?
Posted By: hawk82 Re: Pop Up Blocker - 09/20/13 08:52 PM
NoScript: https://noscript.net/
ver. 2.6.8 is the latest.

Adblockplus: https://adblockplus.org/en/firefox
ver 2.3.2 is the latest
Posted By: hbiss Re: Pop Up Blocker - 09/22/13 03:01 AM
Originally Posted by 1864
Looking for a free pop up blocker for my old XP Media Edition

Geeze, what the heck are you using for a browser? Even IE8 has a pop up blocker and IE8 is almost useless now as well as the end of the line for IE with XP. So if you have an even older IE browser don't waste your time because it's not going to work with most sites. As was said Mozilla Firefox is the way to go. Looks like IE 8 and has a pop up blocker built in.

-Hal
Posted By: 1864 Re: Pop Up Blocker - 09/26/13 12:19 AM
I'm using Firefox, just didn't have the add ons.

Thank's skip, and hawk. Appreciate. 2thumbs
Posted By: hbiss Re: Pop Up Blocker - 09/27/13 11:27 PM
I'm using Firefox, just didn't have the add ons.

It's time to update your version of Firefox. You don't need any add ons.

-Hal
Posted By: 1864 Re: Pop Up Blocker - 09/28/13 03:07 AM
Updates, Upgrades, add ons, versions.. release 1.1.111.2.5

68967148.Point9

Who has time? cheese

edited to change smile to cheese.
Posted By: hbiss Re: Pop Up Blocker - 09/28/13 03:21 PM
Just go to mozilla.org and click on the free download box on the top right. It'll take you a whole two minutes to get up and running.

-Hal
Posted By: tito1411 Re: Pop Up Blocker - 09/30/13 12:20 PM
Originally Posted by hbiss
Just go to mozilla.org and click on the free download box on the top right. It'll take you a whole two minutes to get up and running.

-Hal

1. The OP already said hes using Firefox and from the information given you would have no way to infer he needs to upgrade or that an upgrade would solve his problem. Which it wouldn't.

2. Saying he does not need any addons does not answer the OP's original question. Adblock+ is almost a no brainer when you install Firefox. It blocks pop up ads more effectively than anything Firefox has built in and should be the first addon installed with Firefox in my opinion.

3. If you have nothing but smartass remarks and it does not help answer the question then why not just stay silent on the matter. "Geeze, what the heck are you using for a browser?" offers absolutely zero value to the topic.
Posted By: MnDave Re: Pop Up Blocker - 09/30/13 03:35 PM
Perhaps 1864 is fine with his XP Media edition and doesn't want to keep updating when it typically requires more and more system resources? I happen to carry an old backup laptop that I've updated the highest release level that my system permits. Now it has really bogged down but I still don't want to trash it.
Posted By: Carl Navarro Re: Pop Up Blocker - 10/01/13 11:30 PM
My workstation is an XP media center box and I'm running IE8. The sad part is just the other day, I started getting lower left and rignt popups. My friend, who works on my computer, is on vacation until 10/9, so I'm going to have to live with this until then. Fortunately, I only use my workstation for email, scanning, and accounting. Not a problem LOL

I tried Mozilla on my Vista box. It hates a couple of websites I visit regulary. Some days, I just wish I could go back to the
"click here and not work about the ads" days.

Carl
Posted By: hbiss Re: Pop Up Blocker - 10/03/13 04:50 AM

This is not going to be a back and forth debate. The OP's question has been answered and a resolution has been reached. Thanks. Tito.

Posted By: justbill Re: Pop Up Blocker - 10/03/13 05:32 AM
Come on let's all cool it a bit.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help