atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: teldata1 E911 - 05/18/23 06:30 PM
OK I am familiar with the new Braums law that requires E911

From what I understand it will only work on the SV9100
With a CP 20 and sip trunks

Which the customer currently does not have I believe it’s running on a CP 10

And it’s just using a regular PRI there’s no sip licenses currently on the system

We just had a customer who was moving their current PRI that comes in on a pair of copper wires and moving it to the customers network

Customer never called the vendor who I work for

The carrier (Spectrotel) is asking us if there is a way to program the NEC phone system so that if there’s more than one phone in the room that it always shows the same DID which I believe is 21-13

Because the carrier is charging the customer $2.25 for each DID that requires E911

So, according to this, it looks like the carrier can provide the E911 information

Does this sound right?

Sounds kind of expensive they have a couple hundred DIDs

Thanks

JD
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: E911 - 05/18/23 09:32 PM
Yep, the CP20 have the enhanced 911 SIP stuff. 21-13 will work. The SIP addresses work differently but you still have to go edit by room or can assign by room. Plus they cost $$$ as well.
Posted By: teldata1 Re: E911 - 05/22/23 11:58 AM
I guess my question is can the carrier program this on there end without doing anything on the SV9100 CP10 on a PRI which I believe is coming of there network just by using 21-13

2.25 per Location per month seem expensive I am just wondering if the carrier is taking advantage of this customer

however the customer isn't asking too many questions

obviously its a municipality so its other peoples money
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help