atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: skip555 DSX VOIP application question - 06/18/13 01:07 PM
I've been selling DSX since the beginning but I've never done a DSX VOIP install I have worked with VOIP on panasonic where the the CG set up the VPN tunnel so I do have some experience (along with Cisco networking academy a general networking )

I was called for a quote where another vender had already quoted the DSX and I agree it would be a good fit . the application is a small office 3 digital extensions 3 analog lines and they would like one VOIP extension for "traveling"

my question is can I configure a Extension and router that he would take with him and just plug in anywhere there is a internet connection ?

would this work behind a hotel router ?

I'm also looking at the Mobile Ip extension I'm wondering if that would be a better solution
Posted By: dans Re: DSX VOIP application question - 06/18/13 06:43 PM
Skip
For plug and play they need a VPN tunnel, that's how the soft phones are done and the hotels should pass it.
Posted By: skip555 Re: DSX VOIP application question - 06/19/13 01:44 PM
Thanks Dans aok
Posted By: dans Re: DSX VOIP application question - 06/20/13 01:33 PM
Welcome
Posted By: usbuild Re: DSX VOIP application question - 06/23/13 04:18 PM
Skip,
I had a similar request recently and did it without adding VoIP board.
If your client doesn't travel overseas, off premisses call forwarding to his mobile is all you need.

My client does travel overseas and also want his main business number to show up on the caller ID when his calling from his cell.
Here is what we did
Assuming your client has a smart phone or laptop.
We got a sip trunk and new number from Vitelity
Set CID as his main number (cid spoofing)
Installed 3CX soft phone app on his iPhone and his laptop.
To make sure he doesn't miss any calls we setup a failover to his cell number plus voice mail.
On dsx side Off premises call forwarding does the trick.

Posted By: skip555 Re: DSX VOIP application question - 07/07/13 10:00 PM
thanks I'll take a look at that
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help