atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: PC459 Test for a bad at&t 1070 phone - 08/27/19 04:06 AM
Hi, is there a way to test for a bad phone whit a slight intermittent problem that will cause the lines to die every couple days with a tempo sidekick.
Posted By: Noobed2336 Re: Test for a bad phone - 08/27/19 12:12 PM
Not well enough that I'm comfortable telling customers to buy a new phone. There were some vtech phones about 8 years ago that had intermittent ringer problems, but those didnt display any symptoms under test.

Phone design is so varied now theres no telling
Anywhere from 0 to 800 ohms off hook across TR wouldn't surprise me. On hook it should be nearly a meg at least.
Posted By: Daniel Re: Test for a bad phone - 08/27/19 03:34 PM
If there are multiple phones on site you could see if they would let you leave the phone unplugged and see if that fixes the problem.
Posted By: Professor Shadow Re: Test for a bad phone - 08/27/19 04:17 PM
Really hard to say:

"a slight intermittent problem that will cause the lines to die every couple days"

What type of system and phone are you speaking of?

Troubleshooting for a 1A2 with a 500 multi-line set is different from a Tie Businesscom Plus with a 36TDX which is different from a Meridian SL-1 with a M3000 which is different from an IP system with SIP lines...
Posted By: PC459 Re: Test for a bad phone - 08/30/19 04:26 AM
At&t 1070 . So yea I guess slight is poor choice of description. It actually happens about every 3 days Would be nice if she had a 66 block but has the 110 style that connects all the circuits no matter what. I was just hoping there was a way I could through my sidekick at it and and be able to say ,.,.bad phone
Posted By: dexman Re: Test for a bad at&t 1070 phone - 08/30/19 02:59 PM
noKSU phones are tough to troubleshoot in that one bad set can impact the whole system.

If all stations are properly configured, and wired, I, myself, would have the customer purchase another unit and switch out existing stations 1 by 1 to see if the problem resolves itself.

Moving topic to the Other Systems forum and modifying the topic title for clarity. smile
Posted By: JBean3329 Re: Test for a bad at&t 1070 phone - 08/30/19 09:18 PM
These phones used to use mechanical switches for selecting which line was being used, and then they often had a 'Conference" button that tied two lines together. Life expectancy of the "Conference" button was about 3 weeks, and would stick, tying up several lines. Best way to test is unplug ALL the phones, then start plugging them in, testing till you find a problem.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help