atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: kingtel 1A2 still in service ? - 11/08/04 08:06 PM
I was recently chatting with a tech who said their campus is still 50% 1A2 telephones behind a G3r.

Just wondering how much of this equipment is still in service?

Rich
Posted By: codasco704 Re: 1A2 still in service ? - 11/08/04 08:53 PM
I don't know of too many. Locally, there is a small family-run pharmacy that still uses 1A2 and 2 mechanics that do. I also have one at home that I am using until UPS gets there lazy butts over here with my new partner system.

[This message has been edited by codasco704 (edited November 09, 2004).]
Posted By: capitol Re: 1A2 still in service ? - 11/09/04 03:35 AM
There's alot of small businesses around here that still have them. They just don't want to part with them.
Posted By: BIGDOG3c Re: 1A2 still in service ? - 11/09/04 09:01 AM
They are tough and reliable.

These companies they don't want much, just answer and put on hold.

It's hard for them to part with it, hell I have moved one for a small real estate company 3 times now.

He does not want anything else. Believe me I have tried to talk him into it. I am tired of running 25 pair cable every time he moves!!
Posted By: nectec Re: 1A2 still in service ? - 11/11/04 12:12 PM
Customers love companies with 1A2 key systems. They always get to talk to a live person. They are like the Timex of telephone equipment they take a licking and keep on talking.
Posted By: Station Specialties Re: 1A2 still in service ? - 11/17/04 08:26 AM
Sold my last 3 10btn ITT (new in the BOX)keysets last year to a real estate company.

I have a 3 or 4 customers still wont part with it. They just love the buzzer intercom!For them,Maybe it's old looks is a fashion statement in the world of high tech office equipement.
Posted By: codasco704 Re: 1A2 still in service ? - 11/21/04 06:44 PM
I just got back from Memphis. Graceland and all the associated touristy stuff is all still on 1A2(though behind a PBX, i think)
Posted By: telenutt Re: 1A2 still in service ? - 12/02/04 11:36 PM
We have a chain of muffler shops (10 stores) and a small chain (3 stores) of grocery stores that I couldn't take out unless the bldg burned(and then it would only be to save the equipment) We use a lot of the 2851 Western wall sets. I learned on 1A1 (suppose I am showing my age)
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help