atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Gary S. sts - 07/13/23 01:20 PM
Customer called Tuesday am after lightening storms , 4 of the 8 co lines are dead. Thinking it was comcast but on site all co lines are good..
I tested the battery 0.00 v, the ups is keeping the system running. I did a system reset flash 80 all co lines ok and cleared the paging also.
I have not been sussufull in replacing the battery. I assume any battery replacement the ksu must be power off, whick would loose most programming.
I found a old vodavi guy that said he can replace battery no problem. I usually change the ksu to a update software and warranty.Which would give customer use of 30 b phones.
Customer does not want a phone system upgrade at this time but i told them of the current battery issue. I'm between a rock and a hard place, any thoughts.
Gary S.
Posted By: EV607797 Re: sts - 07/14/23 08:40 AM
You have to power it down to get to the back side of the mother board for soldering. I've spoken with some folks about having leads soldered on to short pieces of wire with small alligator clips so that a temp. fix can be put in place to keep it running until a backup can be obtained. It can just be clipped to the ends of the existing battery until a permanent repair can be made. I've bought some batteries and test lead sets with alligator clips on each end, so it's just a case of me making the time to assemble them.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help