atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Bushmills analog port on CIX40 - 11/21/23 11:15 PM
Hey folks,

The documentation for the cix40 says it has one analog port and that the amphenol has "digital telephones, the single line analog stations, and the
power-fail station" wiring. In the pin out diagram it doesn't have anything labels SLT though. There is the PFT but when I connect an analog phone there, I get no dialtone.

I did try a butt set, I thought on all the pairs, but didn't pick up dialtone anywhere?

thanks!

-B
Posted By: PhoneGuy827 Re: analog port on CIX40 - 11/22/23 11:43 AM
Check the black/green pair.
Posted By: LarryH2 Re: analog port on CIX40 - 11/22/23 12:02 PM
Should be pair 23 - violet/green pair. It is programmed by default. But if it was removed in programming, I don't think you'll get a dial tone.
Posted By: newtecky Re: analog port on CIX40 - 11/24/23 06:21 AM
The PFT on pair 18 connects a phone to CO1 in case of power failure
Pair 23 ( as previously mentioned) is for the built-in analog line. Pair 25 is for an optional secondary single-line analog telephone.
If you look at the MDF wiring in the CIX40 installation manual, these are labeled as STU1 (internal) and STU2 (with a GSTU1A)
The default extension is 208. I always renumber it to 216 when I have more than 8 digital phones, because I don't like skipping extension numbers.
Posted By: Bushmills Re: analog port on CIX40 - 11/27/23 10:42 PM
Thanks!!
I got a bit confused because of the different uses for the STU ports and wasn't sure what the U was for.

Cheers,

B
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help