atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: jack johnson Silent Monitor on DKT2010-SD - 11/20/07 04:26 PM
Hello! I recently just took the position of IT admin. at a mid sized businesses and everyone in the building has a Toshiba DKT2010-SD phone at their desk.

I have had a couple supervisors approach me asking if and how they can "listen" in on their employees. I am fully aware of the legal issues of recording a conversation however, our HR dept. has given me full permission to let the supervisors listen in. The question is how? I heard from someone that this specific kind of phone has the ability to do it but do I need to buy something or do something to the supervisors phone to allow them to do this?

I am sorry for my ignorance I manly deal without computer stuff and it's only my second week on the job!

Thanks!
Posted By: Voyager Re: Silent Monitor on DKT2010-SD - 11/20/07 04:51 PM
Welcome to the board. It can be done by changing some programming. It's called Executive override. It allow a supervisor to actually join a conversation with one of his agents. If they do it on-hook and press the mute key first, they will not be heard.

I would suggest finding a Toshiba dealer in your area(check the installers link above)as programming a Toshiba is not easy if you have never done it before.

Is it a DK system or CTX? Look on the cabinet hanging on the wall.

~D
Posted By: jack johnson Re: Silent Monitor on DKT2010-SD - 11/20/07 05:31 PM
what if the person being listened to isn't on the phone and the receiver is the on the hock. Will it still work? and it is a DK
Posted By: phonemeister Re: Silent Monitor on DKT2010-SD - 11/20/07 06:07 PM
Originally posted by jack johnson:
what if the person being listened to isn't on the phone and the receiver is the on the hock. Will it still work? and it is a DK
No, executive override won't apply to that situation. But can be done using another method. However, you might be listening in on non-employees which may get you in trouble. Anyway, like Dan said, it's a good idea to talk to your local vendor about how to set up these things.
Posted By: The phone Man Re: Silent Monitor on DKT2010-SD - 11/20/07 06:12 PM
if no one is on the phone than why would someone want to listen in. The executive over ride is what it is called and it works great for sereral option as you asked about. But you asked if no one is on the phone than there is no need for executive over ride.
Posted By: jack johnson Re: Silent Monitor on DKT2010-SD - 11/20/07 06:39 PM
it is so my supervisors can "listen in" on what is being said in the office
Posted By: Voyager Re: Silent Monitor on DKT2010-SD - 11/21/07 06:12 AM
Thats not going to happen......
Posted By: skip555 Re: Silent Monitor on DKT2010-SD - 11/21/07 06:42 AM
get a baby monitor
Posted By: p2ii Re: Silent Monitor on DKT2010-SD - 11/21/07 09:42 AM
Originally posted by skip555:
get a baby monitor
or new employees
Posted By: MrEngineer Re: Silent Monitor on DKT2010-SD - 11/23/07 12:03 AM
Or bug the place laugh