atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Not007 Anybody here? I need help with AA not working - 07/31/19 05:52 PM
I’m helping out a non-profit who has a Telrad system thats around 18 years old.(I take care of computers and know little about phone systems but they asked me to look at it.

Normally an incoming call gets answered by the auto attendant. But now it just rings. And we found that calling another extension does not get the voicemail.

Looking at the box in the basement, I think I hear a faint clicking (from the hard drive?)

They realize They have to get a new system but for the short term is there a way to program all the phones to ring when there’s an incoming call? Right now the line lights are flashing green on all the phones but no sound. If they see it flashing, they can answer it. But not everybody’s watching the phone all the time to answer
Did you try and reboot the voicemail? To reprogram the ringing you would need to know what version you are, have that version software and know where to re config the data base. Alot to ask for someone who has not done it before. There likely is a Telrad knowlegable person in your area, just need to find them.
Wow! Thanks! I saw the last post in this forum was in Feb? Figured no one's here : )

Reboot the voicemail? I shut down the whole box, reseated the cards to the backplane, blew off dust, looked for failed components. reseated the amphenol connectors

there is a button on the IPEX1 that someone made a point to label 'reset button'., I forgot to ask someone about that.

But after the reboot, same problem - AA doesn't answer and voicemail doesn't pick up an extension... the call just keeps ringing.

They had verizon forward incoming calls to someone's cell phone for now. I hadn't thought of that. After hearing that, I mentioned I think we can set up google voice, have verizon forward to that number and then enter several people's cell numbers in google voice to ring all the phones at the same time.

A kluge, but it buys them some time.
Voice mail is shot. Needs to be replaced
I know I'm late to the game but if to have a monitor and keyboard to connect to the IPeX I can help you try to get it going. If the IPeX is connected to the network you can putty into it also.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help