atcomsystems.ca/forum
Hi all,
I know my dad enjoyed visiting the forums online. I'm not sure which one he was a moderator on, but I think it was this one. I am writing to let everyone know that Dad passed away last night. He had emphysema for many years. He caught a cold on Thursday, and was unable to fight it off. It was sudden and unexpected. He passed peacefully in the car, with his wife and grandson, while on the way to the hospital - at least that's what we think. When they got to the hospital, he wasn't breathing, and doctors were unable to revive him. Please pray for our family. If you would like to communicate with me regarding his death, my email is [email protected]
Thanks,
Jennifer - John's daughter
So sorry to hear that Jennifer. Your dad was a wealth of knowledge & humour. I will miss him as I'm sure many others will.
Jennifer,

I'm very sorry to hear about your Dad. He was a witty guy on the forum and will be missed.

I know how it is to lose a Dad. You and your family are in my prayers.

-Larry
So sorry Jennifer, he will be missed, our prayers are with you and all of John's family.
This is very sad news and the family has our condolences. John will be missed here very much his knowledge and humor has helped many of us.
My prayers to John and your family as well. Hold on to the memories and he will never leave you.
So sorry to hear. My condolences to you and your family. Your father will be missed.

-Hal
This is sad new's to hear Jennifer...Your dad was a contributor and a friend...he will be greatly missed.
Our prayers are with your family.

...bob...
Sorry to read about your dad's passing Jennifer. My dad passed away in August so I know the feeling all too well. I'll be in prayer for your family.
Words cannot express.....my condolences.
Very sorry to hear about John, he was a class act and will be missed. Thoughts and prayers.
I'm very, very sad. We all enjoyed John's wit and the good advice he gave to everyone. What a loss for this board and it's members.
What a sad, sad day. We've all lost a very good friend.
My sympathy to you and your family.

Thank you very much for taking the time and trouble to let us know. As others have said, your Dad was a wealth of knowledge and always good for seeing the lighter side of things.

Jim
Very sorry to hear of John's passing, he will be missed by all.
Prayers for you and you're family.

Thanks for letting us know.
Very sorry to hear this.
So very sorry to hear the sad news.
Although he's gone, he'll be with you and your family always.
God bless you all.
Sorry to hear about this. frown Thoughts and prayers to the Cartlich family. We'll miss ya John...

Hope the Mitels in heaven run forever and the .45 Kimbers shoot straight and true. Rest in peace.
I'm sorry to hear the news Your dad was one of a kind and I know he was proud of you

the place here wont be the same without him
Condolences to you and your family. John was a good man who will be deeply missed here.
Bump..for those who didn't know of John's passing.
I'm so sorry to learn of your father's passing. It's a sad day for all of us. I enjoyed his contribution so very much. I had a little bit of direct contact with him when he became a moderator and I will certainly miss him. Your dad always brought a smile to my face. I will cherish those simple memories. Thank you so very, very, much for letting us all know of his passing. May God's peace carry you though this difficult time. Our love and prayers are with you and your family.
Sorry to hear about your dad, I don't know him from the board but the praise that others have given him certainly means that he helped out a lot of people and givers have a higher place in heaven.
Very sad news. John was always willing to help those with less experience, and always had a positive attitude. He will truly be missed by everyone here.

Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Jim
So sorry to hear of your loss. John will be missed,

Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Sam
So sorry to hear this. John was always friendly and helpful to all on the forums.
SO sorry for your loss. Your Dad will be missed around here.
Thoughts and prayers for your family. Very sad news! He was a wealth of knowledge.
Sorry to hear it too. He'll be in my thoughts as well as the family.
John came from a different cut of cloth than most of us and maybe that's why I enjoyed his posts. Truly sorry for your loss.

Jim
the memorial service will be held on Saturday, Dec. 15th at 2:00 p.m. at Pittman Grove Baptist Church in Raeford, NC? Reeves Funeral Home in Hope Mills, NC is handling arrangements. Dad was very involved in Boy Scouts many years ago, so we are asking, in lieu of flowers, that donations be sent to Troop 50 Boy Scouts of America, c/o Keystone United Methodist Church, 406 West 74th Street, Kansas City, MO 64114 in memory of John Cartlich, Sr. Thanks so much.

I recall John Saying once that the "Lightninghorse " name he used here came from his Boy Scout involvement

You can sign a guest book here

https://obits.dignitymemorial.com/d...1650679&mid=5338302&locale=en-US
Been out of the loop the past few days, and what a shock to hear this news today. frown
I always enjoyed his points of view and sound advice.
He was always able to bring a smile to my face while reading his phone booth post. I especially loved the way he would push the limits of the off-limits "political" speak.

My true heart felt condolences for your loss. I can only assume that the man I knew on here was just a small fraction of the great man he was to you.
Very Sorry for your loss. John was one of the good old techs and brought his knowledge and humor to this forum. He will be missed by this group as well. May the Lord bless you and your family during this time.
This came as quite a shock to me. John was one of the first people I ever got help from on this forum. He will be missed for sure. I was very saddened to hear the news. My condolences to you and your family, Jennifer. Thank you for letting us know so that we could remember him.
I just found out myself, what a shock, he will be missed here. My condolences to you Jennifer and your family.

Dan S
May your memories and the love you shared carry you through this difficult time. My thoughts and prayers will be with you and your family.
I am so sorry to hear about your Dad, He was always giving help to people here. I will miss him. My prayers are with you and your family.
Sorry to hear about this, whilst I didn't have a lot to do with him on here, but he seemed like a good guy.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help