atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: strat recommend a UPS / backup power supply - 04/29/10 01:12 PM
what UPS would you advise for a small system with 35 digital stations?
Posted By: MooreTel Re: recommend a UPS / backup power supply - 04/29/10 03:10 PM
If you go to www.apc.com there's a calculator there. Probably at most vendor sites.
Posted By: strat Re: recommend a UPS / backup power supply - 04/30/10 10:42 AM
Thanks Dave. That's what I needed.
Posted By: MacGyver Re: recommend a UPS / backup power supply - 04/30/10 03:37 PM
You know what they say about opinions, and Dave's opinion is as valuable as mine, but personally we won't touch APC much anymore. We went to Liebert years ago. It just depends on what you want and what your budget will allow. You might want to research the switchable UPSs vs. the constant supply. Although this isn't exactly how it works, the switchable supplies let you draw normal current, and then during a power failure swtich to battery back up power. The switch is so fast you don't see it, but some systems like Inter-Tel Phone Switches which are very sensitive to brown outs can be affected. The other type UPSs feed a constant supply across the batteries and when the power dies, there is no change over time gap.
Posted By: MooreTel Re: recommend a UPS / backup power supply - 04/30/10 03:47 PM
I wasn't recommending APC or any other brand. I was just pointing the OP to a site that I know has the calculator. It's not the only method of determining one's needs, but it's better than spending $50 for a "El Cheapo Delux" model and thinking you'll survive for months without power. laugh
Posted By: MacGyver Re: recommend a UPS / backup power supply - 04/30/10 04:31 PM
I somehow missed the calculator part of your post Dave. I'm not even on the pain killers today so I guess I don't even have a good excuse. :bang:

I just saw the hyperlink I guess. Hmmmmm. Maybe that means I function better on prescriptions than off. I wonder if I can sell that argument to the doc? :toothy:
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help