web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Thread Like Summary
jc2it
Original Post (Thread Starter)
by jc2it
jc2it
We have replaced our five POTS lines in a hunt group with a connection to a Grandstream with SIP trunks. It works much of the time.

One of the issues is when we dial 9 to get the next available outside line in the Hunt group and then dial the 10 digit number or 11 digit number if it is long distance, it gives a recorded error "Please Try Again". When we reported this to the Grandstream technician they said it sends a '101' to the Grandstream instead of the 10 or 11 digit number.

Why? How do I troubleshoot this? What would a '101' mean to a POTS line in a hunt group?

Thanks!
Liked Replies
by newtecky
newtecky
The only thing the Toshiba sends on an analog line is the DTMF tones for the dialed phone number. If you are using a 9, that means that the Toshiba will wait for you to dial before it will try to seize the line and send the DTMF tones for the dialed phone number.

Do you have direct access to the lines? Maybe you can try dialing directly without LCR. If you don't have line keys on the phones then just use the code #7001 for line 1. You could have something in the digit modifications that could be adding numbers. Maybe they used to use 10-10 code for long-distance dialing or something on the old POTS. If you bypass LCR then the PBX won't modify the dialing digits. If you can call using the #7001 code but not LCR (9), then I bet you have an issue with dialing digit modifications

As mentioned, if I was there, or another telephone tech, I would try dialing from my own butt set, or listen in on the line to make sure the PBX is sending out the correct number of digits.
1 member likes this
by Professor Shadow
Professor Shadow
Originally Posted by jc2it
My guess is 1010802 is a long distance provider of some kind.
The code assignment 0802 belongs to Electric Lightwave.
1 member likes this
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,294
Posts638,834
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,609 Shoretel
189,494 CTX100 install
187,723 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dans 5
dexman 5
Who's Online Now
1 members (newtecky), 121 guests, and 338 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024