web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Thread Like Summary
CyberLaw
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#644061 01/09/2023 12:50 PM
by wgd
wgd
Hi, my company has an old OfficeServ 7200 system that is currently using ISDN channels and I wanted to start using it with VoIP now that we have a leased line. Originally I thought this should be a simple matter after googling to see what the various modules in the system cabinet were for and finding that the MGI-16 card appeared to allow using SIP trunks blush. Some months later I realise I should have just bought some new VoIP handsets and re-cabled the office, but I'm now committed to this course of action and determined to see it though laugh

The first problem I found is that we would need licenses to use the SIP features of our MGI card, and apparently the licensing is discontinued now? Eventually I discovered that the final firmware (v5.0.3 I believe?) will unlock everything. However, our system had the older MCP controller, which it turns out can't run the later firmwares... long story short we ended up buying a used system off eBay with an MP20 and OAS card to use instead (which I think is currently running v4.75, based on what's written on the SD card).

My current problem is trying to reset the admin password (for OSDM) on the new MP20-based system that we bought, since the factory-reset button doesn't appear to do that!? I have found some instructions on how to do this via a handset and am just waiting for an RJ11 to RJ45 cable so that I can try it.

However, since we're happy to just reconfigure everything on a fresh v5.03 system, would that reset the admin password anyway? I mean is there a way we can just overwrite the SD card with a clean copy of the v5.03 software and it will all revert to default settings? Or do I still have to go through some sort of upgrade process from v4.75? I assume I can't upgrade all the way from v4.14 keeping our existing settings as I already tried the SD card from the MCP in the MP20 and it didn't boot up?

In any case, I can't seem to find the v5.03 firmware anywhere. Might somebody here be able to supply it?

Any help/guidance appreciated!
Liked Replies
#644063 Jan 9th a 05:17 PM
by pvj
pvj
I have found some instructions on how to do this via a handset and am just waiting for an RJ11 to RJ45 cable so that I can try it."

Don't you already have handsets?

"I already tried the SD card from the MCP in the MP20 and it didn't boot up?"

An MCP card doesn't use a sd card so no that is not going to work.

No offence but are you capable of reprogramming from scratch? Just by the questions you are asking it seems like you are not that experienced with the system.It may pay to get a tech in to do the work for you.
1 member likes this
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,433 Shoretel
189,204 CTX100 install
187,444 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (newtecky), 146 guests, and 413 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024