Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#88729 02/15/08 03:51 AM
OP Offline
It will have caller ID on single line phones!

Does anyone else know more about some new improvements to the ACS rel 8?

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

Where are you getting this from?

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
OP Offline
I got the skinny on it today!

A full T-1 with DID that doesn't take up a slot is also rumored to be an add on in the prossessor. A PCMIA type card. We shall see..

Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
I have not heard this. Where do you get the info from?

OP Offline
A trusted long time Source.

You will have to water board me. like Sgt. Schultz of Hogans hero's "I know Nothing"

Spam Hunter
Spam Hunter
I've read that some of the features that the "O" software provides includes on-hook dialing and the extension number appears on the display. smile

Sorry for going a bit off-topic. frown

I Love FEATURE 00
sph Offline
The way they're promoting IPOffice was making me think that ACS was making a slow exit. Guess I was wrong.

Well, maybe it finally sunk in that not every customer is a fit for the IPO. I'm sure the real reason the Magix was discontinued was because it was competition for the IPO. The Partner really isn't and remains a strong seller despite the best efforts of the IT "professionals". Avaya would be crazy to abandon something like that.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
Spam Hunter
Spam Hunter
I guess the $50k question is will the R8 have all of the out of box problems that the R7 did? I hope Avaya does a better job testing it before it goes out on the market. Heck....delay the release until it is proven to be bug/issue free.

I Love FEATURE 00
LOL! I was thinking the same thing. They finally got the R7 fumigated, are we going to start all over again with the R8?

Another thought too. Wondering if the R7 will be able to be upgraded to the R8 like we do with the R1.1 to R6. My guess is yes.

Maybe I'll finally be able to stop selling the R6.

-Hal

Spam Hunter
Spam Hunter
With the "O" software and its nice set of features and the prospect of a Partner ACS R8 processor with even nicer features, all I can say is Stay Tuned! smile

I Love FEATURE 00
Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
I spoke with a Jenne Tech support person this afternoon about a couple of Partner issues and ask them if they had heard about the R.8.

They said they had not. But they where beta testing the "O" patch.
I ask them if "O" would cure the defaulting back to 2005 date on the R.7 and they said they thought so.

Avaya SMB Authorized Business Partner. ACIS/APSS
ESI Certified Reseller/Installer
www.regal-comm.com
Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
Beta nothing.............I installed a Partner today that was 91O out of the box.

www.regal-comm.com
What defaulting back to 2005? I thought all the bugs were taken care of. I hadn't even heard of that one.

-Hal

Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
Yeah, every once in a while the R.7 "K" will think it is 2005 for no reason which misses up the day of the week.

www.regal-comm.com
Hello-

I have a question about the statement made by the OP: "It will have caller ID on single line phones!"

IF that feature is implemented does that mean that we could use any CID-capable cordless phone and get CID if plugged into a station port? I'm just wondering if I am interpreting that statement correctly. My TransTalk 9031 case is probably 5% glue at this point but CID prevents me from retiring it.

I really hope that this is true. I'd buy a new processor and retire my ACS R5 along with the TT9031 just for this capability. I'm a computer guy, I do NOT want a VoIP system in my house, and I would applaud Avaya for not abandoning the Partner line. clap

I will keep my fingers crossed...

-Rob

Moderator-NEC
Moderator-NEC
Mike,

Caller ID only sends month/day. It does not transmit year. If the Partner is grabbing the time/date off of the caller ID the Year will be wrong. If you set the date first in the Partner The caller ID time feature will Keep it correct.

Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
We always set the date and time.
But still have customers call and say that the day of the week is wrong. When they do a #101 it will show the right month/number of the day, but wrong day of the week.
This happens on R.6 T's and 7 K's.

www.regal-comm.com
Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
It seems to be with an extended power outage. It comes back up with the wrong year, which throws the day of week off. Seems to be a bit of misprogramming on the T and K patch.

Come to think of it I have seen that on the R6T. We set it up here at the shop and bring it to the customer. Date is 2005 and I thought it was me.

-Hal

Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
Back to the R.7 91O.
Does anyone know the features or changes it brings to the table?

Thanks,

www.regal-comm.com
Spam Hunter
Spam Hunter
Here

Note 1043's post dated Jan 24 2008 @ 8:14 AM

I Love FEATURE 00
I installed a 910 and it still has the date problem. Correct, like 2/18/08 but says tuesday. NICE.... it does display the extension number on the top right hand corner but, it also as a ! next to it. Don't know what ! stands for.

Spam Hunter
Spam Hunter
Could the "!" signify that there are Caller ID records waiting for review? Since the extension number is located where the Caller ID log notifier was originally placed.

I Love FEATURE 00
Well, Avaya called the " ! " a baby version. And if this bothers the customer, then replace it. Other then that , they couldn't explain what the "!" is.... NICE!!!

Wadya mean "baby version"? The "O" release is a beta version and the "!" is a bug?

-Hal

Spam Hunter
Spam Hunter
I was right about the "!". It isn't a bug. It replaces the word "Calls" in the upper right corner of the LCD.

I Love FEATURE 00
Good, now progran a DSS button and leave a message in its mailbox. See if it indicates a message.

-Hal

Spam Hunter
Spam Hunter
Almost. It has to do with Caller ID logs.

I Love FEATURE 00
I know what "CALLS" means and what you are saying about "!" replacing it. I was talking about trying out the new MW feature.

-Hal

I am still selling the R6 myself because I do not want to be bothered to pay to upgrade the R7 to a release I would sell. Maybe the distributors should be doing the upgrades, or providing the cards preloaded free of charge.

I can not recommend any technology platform, only technicians!
What I was saying, IS that I called AVAYA tech support and they told me , they didn't know what "!". and that I should replace the partner phone system. If someone here know what it means then PLEASE call tehm and tell them!!! LOL

From the R7.0.91O pdf that Tommy so kindly hosted for us:

[Linked Image from aycu04.webshots.com]

"Press play and record at the same time" -- Tim Alberstein
I have forwarded to my Avaya support rep.

PARTNER ACS 7.0.91"O" is the next maintenance release scheduled for public introduction around April 08.

Yes, some "O" releases have been received in the field already. And yes, some BusinessPartners have tested this release for the past few months.

This release does introduce 2 new applications - Message Alert Notification and Hot Keypad Dialing. It also displays the Name and Extension # to the upper right hand corner of the display telephone; adds Network Clock Synch; and allows you to do a translation restore from an older version of ACS R7.0.x to the current "O" version.

If you have received an "O" version, you were fortunate. Otherwise, the rest of you will have to wait until approx. April 08.

"O" will be the standard release.

Ron Rogers
PARTNER ACS Product Manager

Ron Rogers
New Product Introduction Manager
Avaya B5800 Branch Gateway
PARTNER ACS Release 8.0? Where did this come from? Let me clarify:

We are LOOKING at what the next release of PARTNER ACS should look like, but we do not have any formal commitments that this will occur.

If we are able to create an ACS R8, it wouldn't be until mid-2009 at the earliest.

So stay tuned......

Ron Rogers
New Product Introduction Manager
Avaya B5800 Branch Gateway
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,298
Posts638,871
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,717 Shoretel
189,755 CTX100 install
187,919 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 27
teleco 9
dans 6
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (dmcdream), 87 guests, and 339 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024