Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 11 of 13 1 2 9 10 11 12 13
Originally posted by richardmorris:
Why release 7?
Richard,
Gosh I also wish I knew what the problem is with relaese 7. Maybe someone will enlighten me, uh, I mean us.
Richard

Candor - Intelligence - Good Will
Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

The 7 does some weird stuff along with loosing memory and scary off the charts stuff. The 7 needs an exorcist.

Ah. The very sort of system no phone man wants to install and have to be responsible for.
So what were they trying to uppgrade or fix from v6?

No they change contractors who messed it up. Now now alcatel ownes them. Piss poor management on the golf course of a Par 299 for 18 holes. Sorry it was only a par three with nine holes.

dexman Offline OP
Spam Hunter
OP Offline
Spam Hunter
By themselves, the Partner ACS R1->R6 processors are a 3x8 configuration. The R7 is a 5x9.

I Love FEATURE 00
The original inspiration behind the R7 was only to take the R6 and put two more CO lines and another extension on that same package making a 5x9 out of the 3x8 R6. This apparently was to make an economical standalone solution for those popular 4 or 5 line by 9 or less extension systems. Previously if you needed more than 3 lines or 8 extensions you would have to add a carrier and an expansion module to the R6.

Problem is they went overboard over in Elbonia where they design this stuff. (Read Dilbert if you want to know where Elbonia is. wink ) Instead of just adding a few new ports they played with the software and made other changes too and totally screwed it up. The height of incompetance was when they put it into production without simple testing so they didn't even noticing that it had major problems.

It doesn't end there though. When they start getting them back they come out with a patch that fixes the original problem but causes another. Then they create a patch for that problem that causes yet another problem and the situation hasn't been resolved yet.

It does need an exorcist. The damn thing spits pea soup out of it's card slot and spins around all by itself.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
This is so funny. I was channel surfing last night and this girl caught my eye. It was Linda Blair in Exorcist II. So the Partner is like Linda Blair. Real cute till the spitting starts.

DJG Offline
You hit it on the head Richard, The Partner Rls.7 looks real cute untill you plug it in. :bang:

Voice/Data & Cable Contractors, Avaya/Lucent, Nortel and Panasonic Serving Central Fl
dexman Offline OP
Spam Hunter
OP Offline
Spam Hunter
I have an R7 in use here @ home. I must have lucked out. No processor problems at all. Had to send a Euro II 18D in for repair, but that's about the extent of my problems. :shrug:

(Is my new avatar too big? It took me a while to figure out how to shrink the picture down) :confused:

I Love FEATURE 00
the new IP hype reminds me of years ago when the big thing was trying to get people to change from analog to digital systems so they could run data through their phones. How many people changed to just one network then? Some people can use IP but to most they don't need it, maybe just a Vonage type line or two

Page 11 of 13 1 2 9 10 11 12 13

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,298
Posts638,870
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,700 Shoretel
189,730 CTX100 install
187,909 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 27
teleco 9
dans 6
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (Toner, justbill), 104 guests, and 300 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024