web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
bondobondo- i have had a similar experience. we purchase our avaya products only from platinum business partners. when we call thenm they refer us to avaya, as they don't have the answers. the other problem i have found is that when you program a paging port, which now is a line port not an extension port, it only works for about a week and then the circuit dies. even moving it to another port does not help. i have replaced one 509 twice and am now doing it again. also look out for 509 7.0's that will not support expansion cards. there may be some out there that were programmed as stand-alones. they will not support any expansion cards.

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

OP Offline
fuzzyone45 - Thanks for the information. A PLATINUM business partner that doesn't provide all the answers?? I guess nobody is perfect. smile I am constantly doing an internal backup, so that if anything changes then I just do an internal restore. I already have one of the expansion modules. It seems to work perfectly. I'm beginning to feel that buying an Avaya system is like buying a lottery scratch card. You really take your chances. And even if you do win you still have a little mess to clean up. I wish you luck. If mine is not PERFECT in 20 days then it gets returned to the seller. Maybe I'll have to locate a TRIPLE PLATINUM DEALER to buy from.

Help someone out today! You will feel GREAT for it!
we purchase our avaya products only from platinum business partners.

An authorized business partner is not supposed to sell equipment without installation, particularly a new installation by the end user.

Dealers are only supposed to sell to business partners, not end users.

Most of the gray market stuff comes from either of the two who see it as an easy way to increase profits or just attain platinum status so they can get lower prices on what they buy. I have seen gray market equipment with the serial number labels removed because somebody was afraid Avaya would trace it back to them and take action against them.

I understand your situation. Unfortunately you unknowingly got sucked in by the unethical side of this business that is ruining it for the rest of us.

I know you tried and I hate to keep repeating this but the fact remains- if you had bought your system from a business partner you wouldn't be having these problems now.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
OP Offline
hbis, just for curiosity sake. What would it have cost me for an ACS ver7, an 012 module, 13ea 18D phones, one admin programming cable with the Avaya ethernet to RS232 adapter, ten very long handset cords. All phones with display. As I mentioned before, it is NOT all about the cost but I never DID get a price from a full fledged authorized dealer. For what it is worth, and probably VERY little, I got a 5 year warranty. They will probably be gone in a few months. Obviously this is not an offer to buy or to sell. Bondo P.S. You can always send me a private message if you wish.

OP Offline
Just an update for those that are interested. The company I purchased this system from has forwarded to me an exe file that is supposed to be the patch to cure the "backup battery" problem. Now I am just waiting for instructions on how to install the patch. I an not going to do anything unless specifically instructed. They did tell me that if ANYTHING went wrong they would just send me another brand new ACS module. I've backed up with #124 and also backed up to my laptop. Stay tuned for the next thrilling episode of "Avaya Problem or Avaya no problem?"

The R7 issues? Hold my breath

Bad switchooks, HFAI Mic's installed upside down. loss of programing....what Next?

I have found out that the swichhook problem really isn't a problem. It's because the board dosen't sit tight in the set. There Not enough pressure contact. I have fixed the switch hook problens meny times. Everything from tape to heating and bending the switch hook arm.

This new stuff is almost pure crap. The New foggy plastic overlays also make the lights harder to see.

Another 3rd generation company barely holding on to it's past reputation soon to be going.. going ... gone.

Another 3rd generation company barely holding on to it's past reputation soon to be going.. going ... gone.

I think they are betting the farm on IP crap while their bread and butter, what put them where they are (or were) goes to hell.

Lets see- no cordless solution because of poor design, ACS R7 a disaster, defective phones and the customer sales brochures haven't been updated in I don't know how long. They still show the old style phones, how long has the series II been out?

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
Bondo,
I know you feel like everyone is saying, "I told you so!" If you had purchased an R6, even if it was gray market, you would not be having these problems. They are very reliable.
I just installed an R7 system today in which the materials were shipped to the customers site (I was just doing the install) by the national contract company. The national contractor had programmed it before shipment, but guess what? It had lost all the programming! They had made a backup so it was a simple matter to restore it.
Avaya told this national contractor not to fool with the patch that it caused more problems than it fixed. I've got to research that some. If that is true, then the patch won't help you any. BTW - did your "dealer" tell you that the exe they sent would have to loaded onto a linear flash card before it could be installed?

Like Hal said, and I hate to see it, but I agree that Avaya is a sinking ship.

Bill

Our most valuable products are our knowledge, experience and time.
OP Offline

OP Offline
Hi Bill,

They have not told me anything except they THINK it has to be loaded onto a genuine 8mb pcmcia card. I have an 8mb compact flash and a pcmcia adaptor that it fits into. However I'm not willing to do anything with it until I get something in writing that I SHOULD perform a certain action. I'm waiting for them to ship me one or a new R7. Hey, you guys may be right. I did notice that the manual was very old for the phone. Well, I'm going to give it another week then this whole system goes back. REAL QUESTION: If the Avaya current offering is such a dud what would my better choice be brand wise? I'll never go voip.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,298
Posts638,870
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,710 Shoretel
189,753 CTX100 install
187,917 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 27
teleco 9
dans 6
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Yoda), 102 guests, and 324 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024