web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Online Content
We have been for a medical practice with multiple locations installing Yealink Teams phones. The IT vendor ships the phones and we install. Teams platform seems to be cumbersome as far as inter office calling, transferring calls etc. From what I can tell there is no 3 or 4 digit dialing. You have to enter a name or phone number through the touch screen which can be a challenge. Other issues with call routing. Cutover 4 practices and every practice manager is upset about these phones. We have our own platform which can be set up with 3 digit dialing and smoother call routing. I had someone tell me Teams can be set up with 3 digit dialing but I'm not seeing it. Thanks.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Admin
Admin
I'm no expert on Teams but my understanding is the same - no such thing as digit dialing another phone.

Our own cloud platform (Netsapiens) can be paired with an interconnection to Teams which turns the Teams users into extensions on the Netsapiens system. Once that's done, the Teams users can 3 digit (or 4 digit) dial each other. It's accomplished because Teams sends the 3 digit call back to Netsapiens which in turn recognizes the extension number. Netsapiens then sends the call back to the destination Teams user because it sees the Teams user as a registered "device" on the Netsapiens extension.

[Linked Image from web.atcomsystems.ca]
Looking for a VoIP Phone Canada provider? Put Atcom's valuable VoIP expertise to work for your business today!
I'm unfortunately in the middle of pulling out a nearly new Avaya Aura system to be replaced by Teams.

Digit dialing another phone is supported, but it's murky. By default the only way to call another phone is by dialing its entire 10 digit DID, or via a BLF button. Traditional 3 or 4 digit extensions are possible, but messy. The "easy" way is to assign an extension via an ActiveDirectory attribute. This will at least allow auto attendants to dial by extension, but it does not cover internal calls. For that you'd need to design a custom dial plan that will tack on the remaining 6-7 digits.

At least this is my understanding. We're very early in the process and this is what I recall from a very long 7 hour workshop that began at 3 AM my time (workshop was given by Microsoft in France).

I hesitate to call this a phone system. It's an instant messaging and conferencing platform that happens to have some physical devices attached to it. It seems like the focus for internal calls is really placed on the Teams app on a computer or cell phone, and calls to and from the PSTN. Traditional internal calling by number is more or a less a "nice to have" feature on this system.

I get the appeal for us since we have a significant amount of people working remotely, but I am worried about our plants that rely heavily on physical telephones and are heavy on internal calling. I'm also concerned about feature parody for our call centers. Going from Avaya CMS to some hobbled together PowerBI reports is going to be tough.

Last edited by Andyreed; 05/09/24 01:02 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,306
Posts638,894
Members49,771
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,988 Shoretel
190,166 CTX100 install
188,349 1a2 system
Newest Members
Mansour, Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks
49,770 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 17
teleco 6
dexman 6
dans 5
jsaad 5
Who's Online Now
1 members (RM SYSTEMS), 59 guests, and 36 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024