Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#646171 03/21/24 06:49 PM
jc2it Offline OP
OP Offline
Can someone explain PAD tables and Pad Table Assignment as it is used in the Toshiba CTX670? What it looks like it might accomplish is to adjust the microphone gain. How I want to use it is to "turn down the microphone" on DKT and SLT when calling External Paging. But Perhaps there is a better way...

Thanks!

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

jc2it #646173 03/21/24 08:17 PM
I am asusming that your paging system is conndcted to the RCA on the processor.
DKT would be your Toshiba phones and SLT would be analog phones.
One thing to think about is the PAD table is like a muffler, the higher the value the lower the volume.
Off the top of my head, I don't recall adjust the volume for a paging system. Usually I just turn down the amp a little bit.

jc2it #646174 03/22/24 01:54 PM
jc2it Offline OP
OP Offline
I am unsure how it is connected. I know there are four zones and I think the codes #3104, #3105 and #3106 operate some of the zones and there are several others but I don't know them off the top of my head. Each zone is in series. and is comprised of 5 or 6 Valcom V-1030C loudspeaker horns. It was originally ran with CAT3 wire with a pair twisted together for each conductor. When we have troubleshooted it over the years we have replaced it with an 18 ga. shielded and we get better results with that.

What we are experiencing sounds like to much gain on the MICs and it results in feedback in some circumstances and overpowering the loadspeaker in others. If I lower the input on the MIC the loudspeakers are easier to understand. We have done this in two ways.

On Analog phones and DKTs we have put a piece of Scotch tape over the MIC holes in the phone.

Also, we have a Spectralink system connected to the PBX which simulates a DKT2020 and this system allows for noisy environments with three "noise" settings, normal, high and severe. The end result is high, and severe are two different mute settings for the MIC. When I put the Spectralink phone in "High" the sound from the loudspeaker becomes clearer, and "Severe" mode makes it pleasant and almost crystal clear.

It is likely the loudspeaker volume is turned up too high. But because they are in series adjusting the volume on one loudspeaker seems to affect all of them to some varying degree. That is a lot of up and down on a lift, however this may be what we do since testing PAD didn't seem to adjust the volume or muffle the test calls we did. I would probably need a specific procedure to get it to work at this point.

Thanks!

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,389 Shoretel
189,106 CTX100 install
187,417 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 7
dexman 5
jsaad 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
1 members (highlysecptial), 143 guests, and 364 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024