Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Guyzag Offline OP
OP Offline
Hello,

Am running .F42 software on a DX-80 with a default configuration and want to access an outgoing line from within the voicemail system.

I've searched the Comdial Forum and all the manuals in vain, what configuration do I need to enable access to the outside line?

Am in the office on a DET phone accessing the internal voicemail. I want to hit the 9 and get a dial tone.

The ultimate goal is to forward extensions to cellphones for people working from home. I know how to set up a Blind transfer and plug in the outside line number using Keylink or the DET but I cannot seem to get the connection to the outgoing line.

Guy

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Guyzag Offline OP
OP Offline
Here's an update. I hardened the passwords for the two mailboxes with level 7 privileges that an incoming caller could get to. Set the voicemail agent to hang up after three password attempts as well.

Furthermore, I disabled the "pager" feature from the main routing box. I did find two mailbox accounts that had phone #'s stored in the message (one being an international number) entries so I removed those entries as well. I put [X] in the transfer to field under the Blind Transfer field which means it goes nowhere and the brackets mean it can't be changed.

This was all accomplished using the Keylink software running on a Windows PC with an RS232 cable connected to the voicemail card. It's an old DOS interface which uses the function keys (F1 - F10) to scroll between screens. F9 scrolls around the 4 screes for each mailbox. This old DOS interface brings me back to the good old days....

Dave if you see this, Thank you for your assistance!

Guy

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,404 Shoretel
189,162 CTX100 install
187,426 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 155 guests, and 417 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024