web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Dale M Offline OP
OP Offline
First, let me tell you about me. I retired from SWBT 22 years ago from a small town in Oklahoma. I did some key system work but mostly I did what had to be done which was installation and repair, mostly cable. After I retired people started calling me for various phone projcects and I ended up as busy as I cared to be. Now I'm 73 and after 54 years of phone work I'm tired but I still try to take care of the people who bought systems from me. Most have moved on to VOIP but I never did go there. That leads me to my question today. I have a customer with a MICS expanded with both fiber trunk modules and a fiber station module. Recently the Call Pilot 100 station module power supply died. I replaced it and everything came back okay but their connection to the computer network didn't. I've isolated the trouble to the Call Pilot itself. Shortly after I installed this system I bought another MICS with a Call Pilot 150 from one of my customers that upgraded to VOIP to use for parts. Now I would like to replace the CP 100 with the CP 150. I realize it will have to be reprogrammed from the ground up. It has 2 calling trees, one calling tree answers all lines for that side of the business and acts as auto-attendant. The other side just uses a couple lines and acts as back door access. Yes, I did all this 15 years ago by myself but I haven't installed one since and could really use some help. If there is someone in Oklahoma willing to take this on that would be good but if not, I'll pay someone to help talk me through it. Any takers? This doesn't have to be done today but I would like to get it done in the next week or two. Right now I'm headed out to feed and take care of cattle and farming chores and may not get you contacted back until this evening. If you leave me a number also give me the best time to call so that for you guys still trying to make a living at this, I won't be messing up your day. Thanks, Dale

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Admin
Admin
Hi Dale,

We have someone in the office who is available most mornings and is quite familiar with programming Call Pilots through the telephone interface.

[Linked Image from web.atcomsystems.ca]
Looking for a VoIP Phone Canada provider? Put Atcom's valuable VoIP expertise to work for your business today!
Dale M Offline OP
OP Offline
I really appreciate your replying. I've been busy with the farm and had let this voice mail project slide the last week or 2. Programming voice mail through the phones is an option I hadn't thought about. Rather than completely changing out the voice mail, I could just make the changes that need to be made in the trees and change voice mail boxes for several employees and that might get them by and it shouldn't take too long.. My customer is wanting to go VOIP but said it may be a year before he could make the change. Going into the voice mail through a serial cable is another option but I've never gone into one that way. I have a couple old laptops that have serial ports that I used to keep system manuals on but I haven't used them in a couple years. I'll study my options and try to get in touch in the next few days. Thanks again for getting back to me.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,396 Shoretel
189,121 CTX100 install
187,421 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 135 guests, and 428 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024