web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
rbngan Offline OP
OP Offline
I'm having trouble with my Network eManager: V5.20C01. I've used this computer for many years to manage the CTX100 system and have not had any connection issues until now. The emanager was original installed on Windows 7 pro and the computer was upgraded to Windows 10 a few years ago. I've used this eManager with no issue with the upgrade to Windows 10 computer. I can still connect to the CTX100 unit remotely as I always have, however, when I click on a field to update and program all it does is have round circle with "please wait" as if it is thinking. I've not had to use the emananger for a while but it was working fine as a Windows 10 Pro system with this version of e-Manager. It appears it was opening in Edge, but I did make a change to make sure it opened in EI mode. I'm getting the same result. I can connect and see the CTX100 but when I clink on any setting I get the circle with "please wait" (see attached image).

I tried to install NetworkeManagerV5.20BW10 on a different windows 10 pro system by following the instructions on the PDF from Toshiba. However, when I get to the Add remove features there were two features that where not listed as indicated in the PDF file. Is there an updated version of the eManager and instructions for Windows 10 Pro version 22H2? I've tried this on three different windows 10 systems and all three fail the install.

Any help would be appreciated. I have to get a caller ID RCiU2 installed, wired and program.

Attached Images
Capture.JPG
Last edited by rbngan; 01/19/24 01:50 AM.
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

You are probably missing the SNMP settings. Right click on start button and go to settings. Select apps and then click on additional apps. Click add a feature and select SNMP and WMI SNMP. Install both, then reinstall Emanager.

rbngan Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by PhoneGuy827
You are probably missing the SNMP settings. Right click on start button and go to settings. Select apps and then click on additional apps. Click add a feature and select SNMP and WMI SNMP. Install both, then reinstall Emanager.

PhoneGuy827 - Thanks for the suggestions. While it did not fix my V5.20C01 issue directly it did help find the solution after working on this all day and attempting to loading V5.20BW10 on there other computers (I was able to get 2 out of three loaded with the new version). And becasue of all the other issue I discovered the solution for the "Please Wait" on my V5.20C01. So all is working now.
Here is the summary of the fix:
If anyone is using the PDF Instructions to install Network eManager V5.20BW10 I recommend you add these steps:

1) Check in Services to verify that the SQL services are running. If not ensure they are set to automatic and start. Verify they are still running, if not reboot.

2) Force eManger to open in IE 11 mode.
Open your eManger application. Click the 3 dot menu in upper right corner of Edge. Select Reload in Internet Explore mode.
After loaded, change how the page opens in the future by toggling on both "Open this page in compatibility View" and "Open this page in Internet Explorer mode the next time".
Or Open Edge and click 3 dot menu in upper right corner. Open Settings, then click "Default browser in the left menu. Under Make legacy site work in Microsoft Edge select add then add "http://localhost/eManager/login.aspx " as the site to used IE mode

Now to figure out how to install/program the Caller ID card.

I will post the long details next.

Last edited by rbngan; 01/20/24 12:00 AM.
rbngan Offline OP
OP Offline
After spending all day on this and getting and trying to load three different WPro computes simultaneously with V5.20BW10 I kept getting errors. Here is the long story if anyone runs into the same issue.

Attempt with Computer 1). This was W10P version 21H2 but updated to ver 22H2.
On this computer I followed your instructions until I got to "and then click on additional apps" I don't see "additional app" but I did see "Optional Features”. I recalled that user newtecky have some instructions on this:”Go to the new Apps and Features settings, Click on Optional Features, Click on Add a Feature, Install: Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) and WMI SNMP Provider.” Between you and him I got that done. Fortunately I got that done just before the system updated to W10P V22H2 (as that is not longer an option in 22H2 to add SNMP as it has been depreciated by Microsoft – I did see some possibilities on how to load SNMP manual with Microsoft but did not have to do that since I had it on my computers. I would expect future systems will need to do this to make this software work). I was able follow the older PDF instructions the rest of the way.

Once the load completed, I rebooted the computer and was able to partial access eManager. I verified that the SNMP service was running. However, when I enter the default user ID and password I get this error. "Can not connect to database. A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26 - Error Locating Server/Instance Specified)" I searched for that issue and Motohead mentioned when he was doing this he discovered the SQL service was not running. So I check and sure enough 2 of the four services were disabled, 2 were running. I changed the two that were disable to automatic and started the services.

Tried again and I able to access the CTX home screen but I was getting the same issue of “Please Wait” that I was getting on my original computer. By this time I was about to give up when I read user Motohead’s has the same issue and user Carlos#1 chimed with “…followed the instructions to the letter and works 100%” – Not helpful… but then he said “don't use the Microsoft Edge you have to use Internet Explorer 11” I thought I AM following the instructions and I AM using Internet Explorer… oh wait I’m using Edge with IE mode. So I thought I need to double check to see if the IE mode is working correctly. I discovered it was not. Even though I thought I had changed it to always open in IE mode it was still opening in Edge. I double check the setting and forced eManager to open in IE11 mode. So Carlos#1, you were very helpful!

Attempt with Computer 2) This is a W10P computer with version 22H2.
When following the PDF instructions SNMP and WMI SNMP was not listed in features and the "Optional Features" is also not available. I could not find out how to install SNMP and WMI SNMP . Everything I read seam to say Microsoft has depreciated SNMP from Windows 10. I check the services on the computer and it appears to have SNMP already running so I followed the setup instruction in the PDF and it did install. Logging in with the default ID and password, I got the same error as computer 1: "Can not connect to database. A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26 - Error Locating Server/Instance Specified)" that is about the same time I found Motohead comment and started the SQL services that failed to start. I tried logging in again and got “Connection failed! CTX100:ERROR_COULD_NOT_CONNECT_TO_CALL_AGENT” I double check the SQL service and discovered one of then had stopped. I tried restarting but it kept turning off. So I rebooted and when it came back up all four SQL services were running. I followed the same as computer 1 with the IE 11 and Edge error. I got those fixed and was able to access the CTX100 and it’s settings.
Fixed!

Attempt with 3rd Computers. This is old W10Pro Dell D610 laptop. It was a Windows XP Pro laptop that was upgraded to 7 Pro, then for kicks I upgraded to W10Pro not expecting it to work, but it did. However it appears to be stuck on version 1511.
I was able to follow the PDF instructions on this as all the components were listed add windows features, including SNMP and WMI SNMP (which was already running on this laptop). Unfortunately, the eManger software never finished loading. I tried several times and it would get to the end of the process and fail. About that time I figured out the first two computers and so I gave up on this one.

After I fixed this I realized that this issue may be on my original system so I check and sure enough it was. I fixed that and now I have two W10Pro version 22H2 running eManager V5.20BW10 and one running eManager V5.20C01.

If anyone is using the PDF Instructions to install Network eManager V5.20BW10 I recommend you add these steps:

1) Check in Services to verify that the SQL services are running. If not ensure they are set to automatic and start. Verify they are still running, if not reboot.

2) Force eManger to open in IE 11 mode.
Open your eManger application. Click the 3 dot menu in upper right corner of Edge. Select Reload in Internet Explore mode.
After loaded, change how the page opens in the future by toggling on both "Open this page in compatibility View" and "Open this page in Internet Explorer mode the next time".
Or Open Edge and click 3 dot menu in upper right corner. Open Settings, then click "Default browser in the left menu. Under Make legacy site work in Microsoft Edge select add then add "http://localhost/eManager/login.aspx " as the site to used IE mode

Original issue with my W10Pro (upgraded from W7Pro) version 22H2. Once I discovered the issue on the other two computers I was able to resolve this by making the Network eManger V5.20C01 open in IE Mode. Problem solved.

Now to figure out how to install the Caller ID card.

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,293
Posts638,829
Members49,768
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,581 Shoretel
189,463 CTX100 install
187,619 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dexman 6
jsaad 3
Who's Online Now
1 members (MooreTel), 112 guests, and 224 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024