web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
PMOC Offline OP
OP Offline
As I've spent about 2 hours on hold for Vertical tech support I figured I may as well make a post here.

The customer has a new Summit 100 with 12 SIP trunks and 8 phone numbers. They have a small call center that makes calls out to various localities in the US. They lease numbers with local area codes for these locations and would like to have their caller ID show a matching local area code when calling their customers in these areas. I'll admit I'm still a bit ignorant on the SIP side of things, but I have managed to get everything registered and most inbound/outbound calls working.

Currently I have 5 trunks in CO group 1 for general outgoing calls using the main number, and then have the remaining 7 trunks in group 2, each assigned a different number in the COLP table 201 so that they can use these specific lines to make calls out to the appropriate local areas. I then have these 7 COs assigned to individual flex buttons on their call center phones. I'm not sure this is the most elegant solution, or if this is a great way to set-up the SIP trunks or not but it seems to work ok for the most part?

Problem #1: Outgoing calls have to have the "1" country code included before the 10 digit number otherwise the call fails to connect. I'm not sure if there is a way to tell the system to add the "1" digit if it isn't dialed, but not to add an extra "1" if the customer does dial it.

Problem #2: One of their numbers ending in 098 won't ring through properly, even though I have it assigned in the flex DID table 231 the same as the rest of the numbers. I'm not sure if this has something to do with the "0" leading digit or not?

Problem (Question?) #3: I don't exactly understand how or when calls might ring busy when using these numbers assigned and separated out from the main group. ie if I have CO 7 assigned a unique phone number in the 201 COLP table, and then assign that CO a key and use that key to dial out, then another call comes into that number - will the caller receive a busy? Or will the call just ring through to the destination in the flex table regardless because SIP doesn't care about "lines" per se?

Thanks for any assistance or input, and hope you all have a great upcoming 4th of July.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi
1) You could use Least Cost Routing to add a 1 if only 10 digits were dialed.

2) Not sure why that is happening. You could try playing with the MSN Table (202) and see if you can route it that way.

3) The call should route through another SIP channel if one is available.

PMOC Offline OP
OP Offline
Thank you, I will give these a try. And good to know on #3, I assumed that would be the case but wanted to confirm.

PMOC Offline OP
OP Offline
Just a note for adding the "1" digit for dialing out. Tim at Vertical informed me you can do this by going into PGM 270 Digit Conversion Table - Index 1 - and add "9" under Dialed Digit and "91" under Changed Digit. Then under PGM 111 with all extensions selected enter "1" in the Digit Conv Table field. This will cause the phones to automatically add a 1 after 9 or a loop key is pressed to access a line to dial out. The problem is the call will fail if they dial an additional 1 (or it will try dialing an international number) and if you use 9 for outbound dialing it can cause the user to accidentally dial 911 emergency. So if you want to use this solution just make sure you change the "Access CO in First CO Group" under Flex Numbering Plan to a different digit than 9 so emergency calls aren't accidentally made, and change the PGM 270 entry accordingly.

Ultimately I stuck with telling the users to just dial a 1. I played with Least Cost Routing a bit but couldn't seem to make it work that way.

Last edited by PMOC; 07/19/22 02:08 PM.

Moderated by  EV607797, MnDave, nfcphoneman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,796 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
jc2it 4
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (Toner, hitechcomm), 142 guests, and 241 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024