web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#642213 02/20/22 03:37 PM
OP Offline
We have an 8560 desk phone that has a very dim display (so much so, the user cannot see who is calling).
However, adjusting the LCD contrast does nothing. In addition, it does not appear to be the device itself since moving it to another jack location produces a normally bright display.
Replacing the cord from the device to the wall jack does not resolve the issue. So, there's something up with the jack drop.
The device functions fine other than the dim display.
I'm wondering if anyone has run into this and if so, was it a power issue whereby the full power was not making it to the jack?
By the way, what is normal voltage at the device?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Assuming this is an IP phone, is there any chance the Ethernet switch PoE settings is limiting current to that particular port?

Last edited by grich; 02/23/22 03:54 PM.
OP Offline
@grich, apologies, I didn't notice your response from the 23rd until now. No, it's actually a digital phone, not IP.
Something changed with that device. I traced wiring from the wall jack through the closet(s) and re-punched the 66-blocks just to be sure but no change yet. I may replace the wire on my next trip there. If still no success, then I may swap the extension with another address on the card to see if it makes a difference.

Moderated by  Stix1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,256
Posts638,657
Members49,756
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
210,765 Shoretel
187,581 CTX100 install
186,327 1a2 system
Newest Members
Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset, Housetech
49,756 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 16
Toner 12
TDKs79 7
Who's Online Now
1 members (Curlycord), 112 guests, and 45 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024