Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#641448 09/14/21 11:42 PM
dexman Offline OP
Spam Hunter
OP Offline
Spam Hunter
Back in May when Verizon swapped out my ONT as a part of a service upgrade, the technician used T59 staples to secure the power supply's cables as well as the RG6Q on the backboard. The brand of stapler & staples is ACME

I realize that stapling cables tends to be frowned upon, but, the staples seem to do a good job keeping cables in place, but allowing cables/wires to slide back & forth without any problems.

I went to Lowes and purchased a T59 stapler and a small supply of the staples. I did some test staples of scrap RG6Q and everything seemed fine.

Just wondering if anyone else had used these staples and how did things go ponder

I Love FEATURE 00
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Admin
Admin
I had one and it never worked right it would keep jamming up and have to squeeze the handle several times to get one staple. When it worked right it held the cables fine.

Merritt

Business Telephones & Equipment + Commercial Audio/Video Products
Commercial Communications . . . Turner, Maine
If it was built after 1980 don't expect it to work right.
1 member likes this: dexman
dexman Offline OP
Spam Hunter
OP Offline
Spam Hunter
No jams for me...yet. Hoping not to encounter that for a while. smile

I Love FEATURE 00
Nope, I won't use that type of staples.

Too easy to be off just a tiny bit and pierce the cable.

They also don't have any way to limit the penetration of the staple and you can end up with the staple being too tight even with the oversized staples.

Patrick T. Caezza
Santa Paula, CA 93060
C-7 - Low Voltage System Contractor - Lic# 992448
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Once I wised up, "a little" I would only use a staple to secure a ty-wrap on a backboard and single cables. Faster than pulling out the drill motor, ty-wrap saddle and wood screw.

Once I wised up completely the stapler remained at home and never used again.

Dean
Photographs:
https://www.instagram.com/deanwilsoncanby/
https://fstoppers.com/profile/deanwilsoncanby
https://www.facebook.com/Dean-Wilson-Photography-112841337020414

Please don't confuse your "Internet Search" with my licenses, certifications and over 30 years experience.

"Thank you for calling Technical Support. If you feel you have reached this number in error, please hang up and press redial."
Just to be clear here, we are talking about Arrow T59 staples. The ones with the insulated plastic top. Not the usual T18 or T25. I no longer do much cable work, but they do work well for RG6 size cables.

[Linked Image from jensentools.com]

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
[Linked Image from m.media-amazon.com]

This is the Arrow T25 stapler that uses round-top staples. It is supposed to secure up to 1/4" round cable. The front of the stapler is round to fit around the cable. But in my hands it often put a leg of the staple through the cable. Even if you don't pierce the cable, it tends to pinch the cable, which is not recommended.

Vaya con Dios amigos!
Butch
dexman Offline OP
Spam Hunter
OP Offline
Spam Hunter
That's correct Hal. The insulated staples. They do a good job holding coaxial cable while allowing it to be slid side-to-slide as needed. thumbsup

I have noticed that, if I don't hold the stapler flat against the wall, a staple leg could jut out when being driven in.

If that happens, I pull the staple out and try again.

I Love FEATURE 00
dexman Offline OP
Spam Hunter
OP Offline
Spam Hunter
I use a T25 to secure stand alone ground wire...14 or 12 gage. That staple works well for that. thumbsup

I Love FEATURE 00
When I worked for the cable companies the T25 was the standard until they switched over to RG6. Not unusual to find a problem because of a staple through a cable. Can't say that I ever did that though, if I did I knew it and replaced the cable.

Then with telecom the T18 was made for JK station and ground wire. Later on I went into key systems that used 4 pr CAT3 and used the old T25 again. The only stapler I hated was the T75 with 25pr. That one would always shoot a leg through the cable and re-running 25pr wasn't cheap.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Silversam 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,771
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,457 Shoretel
188,313 CTX100 install
187,087 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 5
jc2it 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 144 guests, and 298 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024