web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#620810 06/06/18 09:24 PM
Derrick Offline OP
Retired Moderator
OP Offline
Retired Moderator
Anyone familiar with a web hosting company called APTO in North Carolina? Are they same CRM Commercial Real Estate web tools outfit? I ask because someone I know think they would be a great place to host a resort website. I don't happen to agree do to the face the resort doesn't have a rental or sales office, everything is handled by individual lot owners when they sell or rent.

www.myrandomviews
"Old phone guys never die, they just get locked in some closet with an old phone system and forgotten about"

Retired, taking photographs and hoping to fly one of my many kites.
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Derrick #620952 06/09/18 04:03 PM
Derrick Offline OP
Retired Moderator
OP Offline
Retired Moderator
Apto hosting is out of business, customers stuck with no websites, and the kid who started the company showed up again under the name aptohq, looks very fishy to me.

www.myrandomviews
"Old phone guys never die, they just get locked in some closet with an old phone system and forgotten about"

Derrick #620968 06/10/18 12:21 AM
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
I can't say that I've heard of them, but I've heard of this situation more times than I care to mention. My father's website is now being hosted by an outfit in Australia, which took me about two months to track down. His bank account was still being automatically charged by the original host that went out of business. It wasn't until the new people in Australia didn't get their money and shut the site down that I had to spring into action.

So many of these outfits, like many hosted IP outfits, are slippery to say the least. People still keep handing over their phone numbers and domains to them on a handshake.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
Derrick #621028 06/11/18 11:59 PM
Derrick Offline OP
Retired Moderator
OP Offline
Retired Moderator
That is what I have read on WHtop.com about this outfit, Apto was accused of reactivating expired credit cards, by pretending to be the customer in order to restart a cancelled account. Not sure how they could do that without somones SSN, but who knows. Anyway it sounds likeone of those go out of business on Friday open back up under new name the following Wednesday kind of thing. I ran into that a few times when I was in business, I remember that seemed to happen more with govt contractors than anyone else.

www.myrandomviews

Derrick #621922 07/11/18 07:04 PM
RIP Admin-Founder
RIP Admin-Founder
Hosting with godaddy is is what I'd suggest.
on the credit card issue, just call the bank and tell them you lost your card, that'll stop that auto charges.

Moderated by  metelcom 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,100 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,800 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 140 guests, and 24 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024