web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Jason_D Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi,

I have a NBX v5000 running 6.5.22 patch 03. When the system's network protocol is to ethernet only page zones work. I had to change the network protocol to IP-on-the-fly so I can put a 3Com phone at a remote site over a site to site VPN. As soon as I changed the protocol to IP-on-the-fly and reboot the NBX paging broke. When I dial the page zone the name shows on the screen but there is no tone indicate a page is happening. I have seen conflicting advice about IGMP snooping. Currently I have IGMP snooping and querying enabled and things seem to work, the remote phone can make and receive calls and paging works. However after awhile paging stops working. The remote phone was a brand new 3c10401 and I have switched to a 3c10402a to see if the phone was the problem, it isn't. I have replaced the 3Com 4400 at the remote site and that hasn't changed anything. I need a 3com phone at the remote site but having paging break at random times is not acceptable. The site to site VPN is configured to allow multicast. What should I be looking at?

Thanks,
Jason

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Paging and conferencing on an IP-enabled 3Com. That brings back memories of many unpleasant hours spent trying to get this to work. We still have a multi branch site with PTP T1's and we had to enable IP multicast routing, make sure IP multicast dense mode was configured and then add EVERY IP multicast group listed in the programming. We finally got that working consistently.

One of the original 3COM engineers will help you for a fee. He has helped me out of some jams.

He can actually recreate a hard drive for you as a cold spare which can give you peace of mind.

Of course, I can't find his contact info but if you are interested let me know and I will find it to PM you. Multicasting is your devil in that system though. ~ Mike

Michael Meyer
Jason_D Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi Mike,

Thank you for the information. I have sent you a PM. This is a real challenge. The documentation on multicast is horrible.

Thanks,
Jason

"The documentation on multicast is horrible."

It sure is. Definitely, hard to interpret.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,256
Posts638,657
Members49,756
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
210,764 Shoretel
187,581 CTX100 install
186,326 1a2 system
Newest Members
Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset, Housetech
49,756 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 16
Toner 12
TDKs79 7
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 81 guests, and 47 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024