web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Hello, We have sold numerous DX hard drive voice mails and now some of them are ready for new hard drives. We have tried making an image using both Ghost and Acronis. We load the image on a new laptop hard drive and install on the voice mail card. The voice mails will not boot from these new hard drives with the image. The Data is on the drive, but it will not boot. I know years ago we did this very process with no problems. But now we cannot get them to run. These are the newer hard drive version with no fan and two 9 pin connectors.
Any suggestions on how to make this work would be MUCH appreciated. Thank You!

Last edited by ronaldjamesh; 11/22/12 10:23 PM.
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Comdial, ESI, Voicemail, Cisco
Moderator-Comdial, ESI, Voicemail, Cisco
What size drives are you using? My guess is that you are using a drive that's larger than the board will support.

Justin

OP Offline
I am not sure. I did not think a larger size would cause a problem, just allow more minutes of storage. I will check and let you know. Thanks!

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
I forget what the maximum drive size is but the BIOS won't support larger drives. I think it might have been 5Gb, maybe a bit larger on the last ones.

OP Offline
Hello, I am again having issues with a DX VMII hard drive. We tried making an Image to a new hard drive of the same size 40GB and manufacturer Seagate and continue to have the same problem. The new drive will Not Boot! The Data transferred but it will not run. Has anyone come up with a solution for this yet? Thanks!

Did you ever find out why the cloned drive wouldn't work? I am also dealing with a DX-80 system with a HDD Voice Mail card. The read errors and frequent clicking are a clear indication of a bad drive with damaged/failing heads. Vertical doesn't offer any support for the DX80/120 platforms anymore which puts me at a stand still.

I'm looking for the following items:

•Image or file backup of the original 7243 voice mail hard drive. Imy attempting to duplicate the files on a new hard drive and get the voice mail system up and running again.

•Backup or .bin files of the u14 and u16 ROM chips. (I'm working with a F28 version)

•I have multiple backup versions of PC-DBA and KeyVoice on disc, unfortunately all are the DOS versions which do not run on windows. Do you have the windows version by any chance?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time and have a nice day.

Beau E.
-Network Solutions Vegas-

Assuming you are using an older IDE hard drive. I suggest using a hardware drive duplicator and locating a good drive the same size. BITD I used to do this on multiple systems with this setup.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,709 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 12
TDKs79 8
pvj 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Curlycord), 120 guests, and 246 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024