web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#590140 06/13/15 12:13 AM
OP Offline
Hello, This past week I installed a flash drive 4-vmi card in an old Adix-M, version 5.4, dos CPU,replacing a external Active Voice unit. Programmed everything up fine, the thing worked great all day, Then late at night, it stopped. Maybe something happened during housekeeping? Came in the am and the 4 port lights were flashing, could not connect to it. Resets didn't help, Then got another card and the exact same thing happened again. What am I doing wrong? How do I freeup these VM cards? Thanx.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Iwatsu
Moderator-Iwatsu
What specific model of voice mail did you install? Some require a certain software level, others require specific slot assignments. I'm thinking 5.4 software is a little old to drive any of the VMI voice mails, but I could be wrong.

All the flashing on the card is a bad sign, but could possibly be your configuration. Older software versions had a habit of reverting voice mail ports back to plain analog ports or AA ports only. Check your config settings to be sure.

Sometimes the thoughts in my head get so bored, they go for a stroll through my mouth. This is rarely a good thing.
OP Offline
One of the cards is release 2.02.06. I have another customer which has a Adix M version RPCU 6 dos and that has been running for a couple years. Thanx

Moderator-Iwatsu
Moderator-Iwatsu
What I meant was the card type. Is it the IX-SEVMC, the IX-4EVMC or some other card type?

The IX-SEVMC, for example, can only be installed in the first slot (the 24 channel, port 98 thru 121 slot) in an ADIX, and the IX-4EVMC has to have the switch type specified at install.

Last edited by JBean3329; 06/14/15 11:42 AM.

Sometimes the thoughts in my head get so bored, they go for a stroll through my mouth. This is rarely a good thing.
OP Offline
IX-4VML

Moderator-Iwatsu
Moderator-Iwatsu
Thanks.

The IX 4VML at one time featured a hard drive right on the card. It has been replaced by the IX 4EVMC, but a retro-fit kit is available to replace the hard drive with a flash-based system.

Generally, when all the LEDs continuously flash on these things, it points to the voice mail operating system not loading. Coupled with hard drives that are not any where close to being up to date, I'm guessing your card has failed. You can get the upgrade kit from a registered dealer, If the upgrade has already been done, and the flash card is installed, you can try defaulting the card and starting over, but only if the flash card is the 126 size.

You can try to watch the card boot up with the programmer- you don't need to be 'connected' - just have the programmer running, reboot the card with the ANSI console open...that little icon that looks like an old monitor... you can maybe see what isn't happening properly.

OP Offline
I plugged the cards into another system and got them both going so I think the customer system Im putting them on is locking them up somehow. They are the retrofitted flash kind. At least Ive got a little direction and hope now. Thank You

Moderator-Iwatsu
Moderator-Iwatsu
It's likely you need a bit newer software in the cabinet you're monkeying with. If you can find a way to get to 6.0 I think you'll be okay. I've seen 3rd party voice mails work with the older stuff, but not the VMI cards, and particularly not the newer software version.

Last edited by JBean3329; 06/16/15 06:52 PM.

Moderated by  JBean3329 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,296
Posts638,842
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,648 Shoretel
189,533 CTX100 install
187,784 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 25
teleco 9
dans 5
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
4 members (Toner, SSPhone, ALB300, Andyreed), 182 guests, and 300 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024