web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#551208 05/06/13 12:36 AM
OP Offline
I have been with verizon for a few years. But the cost is getting to much.

What is a good carrier with a good plan for just voice and text. Internet is nice but not needed.

Thanks,

Mike

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

RIP Moderator-Nisuko-Tie, General
RIP Moderator-Nisuko-Tie, General
Mike

depends on your priorities , I've been with Verizon for years and I get great coverage , one of my friends has ATT and she gets poor coverage when we're out shes always having to use my phone. I've known other AT&T users to switch to verizon for the coverage . my son uses Metro PCS ,great price limited coverage it works for him , it wouldn't work for me you might want to check it out though

Coverage area and voice quality are important to me so I stick with Verizon.

Skip
------------------------------------

Serving SW and West central Fl since 1984
OP Offline
Thanks for the reply. I am think of virgin mobile. Anyone have a comment on them.

Thanks,

Mike

Moderator-Mobil Phones, Computers
Moderator-Mobil Phones, Computers
You're asking a question where answers can vary greatly depending on the individual users location. Start by looking at coverage maps for your area to find providers with good coverage in all your normally traveled areas. Then start doing searches online for local users of each provider to see what their experience in your area has been. I use and love Verizon as their internet speeds are great and I always have excellent call quality. (in my area) I may travel somewhere else in the US and find that service there may be horrible. For a low cost carrier with no contracts and pretty good service take a look at Boost mobile. Their internet is not stellar but voice and text are good and you get unlimited everything for under 50 per month.

Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
Online Content
Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
Location, location, location, and sometimes you get what you pay for.

Originally Posted by OLD TECH
Thanks for the reply. I am think of virgin mobile. Anyone have a comment on them.

Thanks,

Mike

AFAIK they utilize Sprint's wireless network here in the U.S.

So if the Sprint has good coverage in your area, VM might be worth looking into. They absolutely suck in my neck of the woods, but that doesn't mean anything...

Happy shopping.

"...Time moves slowly and it goes so fast..."

(Sandy Denny)
Cricket also uses Sprint's network. You may have to get a different phone, but they have an "all you can eat" plan for next to nothing WHILE affording Sprint's coverage. It should run about $50 a month.

"Press play and record at the same time" -- Tim Alberstein
Not sure how old "Old Tech" is but my wife has changed to Consumer Cellular through AARP and she stated she cut here bill in half, myself I'm still carrying a company cell so it doesn't matter too much.

I had AT&T for a decade or so but switched to Verizon a year and a half ago because the wife got a 22% discount through her employer and they were otherwise identical in price and service where I was living. Just moved a half hour west and now I have nearly no coverage at home - have to leave the phone in the window just to receive texts and missed call notifications, then hike to the top of the hill to make a call or reply to a text. Ironically the move was to go work for Verizon.

So now I either need to convince VZW to give me a free cell repeater or weasel out of my contract to go back to AT&T, which has fantastic coverage at the new place.

As far as cheap goes, the poorer half of my family prefers T-Mobile. YMMV

"There is one thing and only one thing in which it is granted to you to be free in life, all else being beyond your power: that is to recognize and profess the truth." - Leo Tolstoy

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,796 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
jc2it 4
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 116 guests, and 244 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024