web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
dexman Offline OP
Spam Hunter
OP Offline
Spam Hunter
Not too long ago, Verizon and Sprint rolled out the 4.3 update to their Samsung Galaxy S4 users (I'm one of them).

The update has caused more than a few problems for many people.

It got to the point where AT&T halted the rollout to their customers at Samsung's request.

Some issues include users not being able to establish or hold a WiFi connection and telephone screens freezing up.

There has been quite a bit of information written on the situation as the problem extends far beyond the US.

What a mess. mad cry

I Love FEATURE 00
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

I guess that I am lucky that my provider (MTS Mobility) in Canada didn't send it out until the 27th, so there were probably a few tweaks in after the AT&T problems.

The only problem I have seen so far is that I get unstable WIFI warning messages for WIFI sites that worked before the upgrade (like at home). If I ignore it I still stay on my connection so I am not sure what the warning is about (other than a bug).

dexman Offline OP
Spam Hunter
OP Offline
Spam Hunter
I have those same symptoms.

My S4 will lock out a WiFi spot if the signal becomes "unstable" and then switch to 4G. Some people report having this happem even when they are sitting right next to the router.

My Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2012 edition)...which is running 4.1.2 (I think)...stays locked onto WiFi and rarely switches to 4G here @ home or @ church.

I Love FEATURE 00
It might depend on the carrier but on mine there is somewhere in the settings an option to turn that off.

MTS (or Samsung) set the setting as off by default on my phone, so at times I get the warning message and offer to change the setting which I ignore. I seem to stay connected to the WIFI even though it is suppose to be unstable.

dexman Offline OP
Spam Hunter
OP Offline
Spam Hunter
The upgrade must have changed some settings...or...added some. I check for further updates about every other day. Nothing so far.

I Love FEATURE 00
I am wondering if more patches have been pushed bundled with the other app updates?

I have noticed that I am not getting any more poor signal quality warnings for my home WiFi connection.

dexman Offline OP
Spam Hunter
OP Offline
Spam Hunter
I still see it once in a while. Usually restarting the phone clears the problem.

Reports of Samsung getting ready to roll out Kit Kat 4.4.x for S4 units are starting to surface. First up is a provider in France.

If this is true, then I would suspect that the next rollout stateside will be the update rather than patches to fix Jelly Bean 4.3

I Love FEATURE 00
Lately, Samsung has been a little quick on the trigger IMHO about software updates. I had stuck with my Galaxy II for a long time because it worked for me. Imagine how exciting it was to finally have a Jellybean upgrade for it. No sooner did I knock that out that did Samsung agree that it wasn't fully tested and that my touchscreen went whack. I didn't back up the old OS, so now I've got a brick.

"Press play and record at the same time" -- Tim Alberstein

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,113 Shoretel
187,717 CTX100 install
186,810 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 7
pvj 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (JBean3329), 50 guests, and 422 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024