web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
QUOTE: Better yet, does anyone have an old GMX48 KSU with Advanced Software that they would be willing to part with?

Figures, I just tossed one a few days ago I had sitting in storage for a loonng time. What model phones are you using? 662.XXXX or 660.XXXX series?
I dropped mine off at a 'electronic waste' place and they put all my stuff in a single bin...it might still be there..I'll call and check in the morning.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

OP Offline
Not sure what model number but apparently they are the black Premier ESP phones (NOT the ugly grey two-tone phones).

If all else fails (assuming you can still get it back) I am guessing I could always swap out my CPU board software chips with yours.

I will PM you my cell phone number if you can still rescue the beast...

Thanks,
--Shane

Putting the magic blue smoke back into equipment since 1993.
RCA Offline
""I also need to know how to properly backup the database and restore it. Can this be done with Hyperterm or do I need a special utility?""

Yes you can back it up with hyper term. You will be capturing data as a text file.

""If all else fails (assuming you can still get it back) I am guessing I could always swap out my CPU board software chips with yours.""

You could try that, but its probably a hardware problem.

Rhett
OP Offline
RCA:

Can I also restore using HyperTerm? If so, how? I managed to capture the data as a text file.

Barster was able to come up with a GMX48 KSU for me. The one he is shipping me is essentially configured identical to mine (Advanced software, 8 lines, 16 stations, 6 single line stations).

The plan at the moment is to swap out my entire KSU with the one he is shipping me and restore my database.

Assuming the KSU he is shipping me doesn't have hardware problems as well I'm hoping I should be OK...

Thanks,
--Shane

RCA Offline
To restore use the (r) command (restore), then choose send text file from hyper term. You might have to play with the settings a few times to get it right, it can be a little tricky.

Rhett
OP Offline
I figured it was probably something simple like that to restore the DB from Hyperterm...

For what it's worth, I swapped the offending station (1.5) to another port (2.1) and the data errors seemed to disappear. I'll know for sure once people come in on Monday and start using the system heavily again.

The spontaneous reboots continue, however.

Hopefully the KSU being shipped to me won't exhibit the same issues. If it does then maybe I'm looking at a power quality issue. The system is on a UPS but maybe the electrolytics in the power supply are drying out after all these years.

I didn't mention that the system is also next to a 5 kW AM directional array... I suppose it's also possible that RF is getting into the KSU and confusing it, causing the spontaneous reboots.

In any case, you're right...This KSU definitely has some hardware issues on the CPU board.

Maybe it's time to put their old 1A2 system back into service... :-P

Thanks again for the help,
--Shane

RCA Offline
""Hopefully the KSU being shipped to me won't exhibit the same issues. If it does then maybe I'm looking at a power quality issue. The system is on a UPS but maybe the electrolytics in the power supply are drying out after all these years.""

Is the KSU being shipped also including a power supply? If it is, I would try the power supply first before the KSU swap. When these power supplies start to die, the system would have similar sysmptoms to what your describing.

Rhett
OP Offline
Yup, he is including the power supply. I'll try that first (again, assuming the electrolytics on BOTH supplies aren't dried out). Do you by chance have a pinout for the power supply so I can do some additional tests?

RCA Offline
Yes I do. Make sure your "profile" has your email address in it and ill send you something later tonight.

Rhett
OP Offline
E-Mail address sent.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Stix1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,298
Posts638,870
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,709 Shoretel
189,747 CTX100 install
187,917 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 27
teleco 9
dans 6
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 107 guests, and 359 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024