Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#540641 11/30/12 03:33 PM
OP Offline
What are the specific requirements to enable twinning on an Essential Edition? I know you need to mobile worker license. Is VM Pro required as well? I do know you need SIP and or PRI trunks.

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

Admin
Admin
If all you're trying to do is enable outbound twinning you don't need any of that, although digital trunks would allow the callers CLID to show up on the mobile phone.

If you're trying to do the inbound stuff I believe you just need digital trunks.

[Linked Image from web.atcomsystems.ca]
Looking for a VoIP Phone Canada provider? Put Atcom's valuable VoIP expertise to work for your business today!
Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
Because Twinning is an un-supervised conference call, you need digital trunks for reliable disconnect.

That part is free for all users. IF you want the preferred mobility app, you need Preferred Edition and Mobile or Power user.

OP Offline
They want to be able to have their cell phones ring when their extension rings. They want to be able to transfer a call from their cell to their extension and from their extension to their cell. They also want to be able to transfer a cell call to an internal extension other than their own. This video shows what they want to do.

Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
You will need SIP or Digital trunks.
And yes, you can transfer back into the office from cell.

Avaya SMB Authorized Business Partner. ACIS/APSS
ESI Certified Reseller/Installer
www.regal-comm.com
OP Offline
I cannot seem to get a clear answer. I have called a lot of vendors and gotten all kinds of conflicting information. Some say Essential does everything, others say I need VM Pro f I want to hear the cell phone ring (???). Some say twinning licenses are discontinued. Others say I need Preferred. Others say I can use mobile user licenses with Essential. They have PRI trunks. Should I just call Avaya? I am really confused. Does anyone know?

If a site has Essential version 8.1 with no licenses using Esssential VM what do you have to add to enable twinning for 6 users? They already have a PRI.

Last edited by Jack Salvadore; 12/01/12 04:33 AM.
Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
GO into the mobility tab and check the box, then input the phone number. Remember that the phone number must include the dial out code (9?) as well.

IF you are on GA 8.1, and you have the tick box in mobility greyed out, download the new Admin 8.1.56, as there was a bug in Manager through beta, but is fixed in the maint load that came yesterday.

Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
This takes alot of getting use to. A customer with only pots lines can not use this feature it I understand this.
Is that correct?

Originally Posted by Jack Salvadore
I cannot seem to get a clear answer. I have called a lot of vendors and gotten all kinds of conflicting information. Some say Essential does everything, others say I need VM Pro f I want to hear the cell phone ring (???). Some say twinning licenses are discontinued. Others say I need Preferred. Others say I can use mobile user licenses with Essential. They have PRI trunks. Should I just call Avaya? I am really confused. Does anyone know?

If a site has Essential version 8.1 with no licenses using Esssential VM what do you have to add to enable twinning for 6 users? They already have a PRI.

Wow, just wow. And you wonder why I'm against grey market. Avaya really needs to get their act together. They need to certify dealers and see to it that product is only sold to them, not to any trunker that has a credit card.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
OP Offline
Hal - it may surprise you to know two of them were ABPs. Only one, our friends in Michigan, was a GM seller. I guess I'll call Avaya on Monday. Seemed simple enough.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,298
Posts638,870
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,712 Shoretel
189,753 CTX100 install
187,918 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 27
teleco 9
dans 6
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (JBean3329), 151 guests, and 347 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024