Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#489867 01/30/08 10:22 AM
OP Offline
I pulled tb0123-2007 D Channel Diagnostic Procedure off the Tadiran website. But all it gives is the hex on Layer 2. Where can I find Layer 3.

Next question to get me in deeper trouble. What are the rest of the dipswitches on the MCP2?

If this needs to be over in the installers forum. Let me know.

Never blame on malice, what can be adequately attributed to STUPIDITY!!
#489868 01/30/08 11:35 AM
What are you trying to do?

#489869 01/31/08 02:46 AM
OP Offline
I'm trying to learn more of these systems than they covered in I&M 1, since they no longer seem to be offering I&M2. As it is, I have to call for help to monitor the D-Channel messaging when I'm trying to prove the PRI problems are on the provider's side, not mine.

The switch question came when Port Washington mentioned a trick with SW 2 and it got me to wondering about what the other 6 are for.

I couldn't find any documentation on either of these, like that is a suprise with the Tadiran documentation. Although, I heard it's much better now than it was.

#489870 01/31/08 03:34 PM
You should invest in a TBERD if you really want to do it correctly and cost effectively. You can of course open up the Q931 msg and see the call flow in hex. Everything you need is there in the up and down msg stack, if you have the patience for it and can read hex. I haven't used that since the 90's. When NI-2 becaume a standard it kinda went away as a need because pretty much no one uses custom anymore. As for the switches, those are mostly used for trouble shooting with engineering (at least that's what I have been told for the last 13+ years, and I know what some do) Generally speaking I have only seen them used extensively when someone screws up figuring how much ram is supposed to be left over and corrupts the whole system and the switches can help bypass faults. Of course I am speaking of everything but the serial director switch and the db load one.

#489871 02/01/08 02:18 AM
OP Offline
The trouble with the TBERD is you have to be on site. With Tadiran, more and more of my troubleshooting is getting to be remote. Hence my interest in "Q931", is that the QSIG signaling?. I now I'm somewhat over my head, but that's how you learn to swim.

As to the dipswitches, I'm also programming more systems on our bench system and shipping out the PCMCIA to the customer. If I take more the the 14 days, I get to fight the "incompatible SAU" message. I learned how to bypass temporarily with switch 2, but when you're entering thousands of libs, that can get tedious.

#489872 02/01/08 07:53 AM
It is highly recommend NOT to play with the DIP SW if you do not know what they do...

regarding Q messages,
open only the TNW messages from the relevant card:
SIMPLE_FORM -N
EXTENDED_FORM -N
TNW_FORM -Y

About many libraries, you can do it by script running very fast or use the "ASCII" application.

(-)

_ _ _ |_ _ _ |_ _ _ |_ _ _ |_ _ _ |_ _ _ |_ _ _ |_ _ _ |_ _ _ |_ _ _ |
__|_\m/__(-_-)___\m/|_ _ _ |_ _ _ |_ __ _ |_ _ _ |_ _ _ |_ _ _ |
#489873 02/01/08 11:03 AM
OP Offline
Oh no, Don't touch that, just fix it.

Dumbest thing I've ever heard. I've been programming and installing Tadirans for 4 years now. I'm just trying to find out the information most companies teach in their highly overpriced classes. I can understand labeling a switch "In House use only" or something to the equivalent. But at least document the ones that do matter like SW1 for the LIU.

As to the Q messages, I was looking for the cross reference to the hex code. I understand that used to be covered in I&M2 that no longer is offered. So I'm trying to train myself.

"About many libraries, you can do it by script running very fast or use the "ASCII" application." How do you speed up a procomm script? I guess you can shorten character spacing, but I've got that set as fast as I care to trust. As to ASCII, I don't trust it, and it don't work remote. The system I'm trying to program right now is 1000 miles away in Vegas, and the customer don't really want to take vacation and ship it to me, or be down a day or two while I'm on site installing it, the plan is to have it preprogrammed to just hang and run. The customer is paying for me to be in Vegas for a week, I don't want to spend it all onsite.

#489874 02/02/08 10:00 AM
Regarding speeding up :
1. If U have LIU or MAP you can do most programming remotly. If it does not involve any system restart. It is quick, easy and painless.
2. PCPLus Script - try to make a script PROC that get a string, and send it char by char, waiting to the char echo, it will work with char pacing = 0 to the maximum available spped of the system and the path between.

__|_\m/__(-_-)___\m/|_ _ _ |_ _ _ |_ __ _ |_ _ _ |_ _ _ |_ _ _ |
#489875 02/04/08 03:04 AM
OP Offline
But you still can't ASCII it remotely. I could pull a binary, upload onto a system here then ASCII it, but I'm still dealing with that pesky SAU message if it goes over 14 days.

On PcPlus, are you talking about:

Transmit "a"
Transmit "b"
Transmit "c"

to send abc.

#489876 02/04/08 10:56 PM
not sure of budget but you can also install a computer directly connect it to KB0 then this is out of band management sort of and you can do anything you need to. I always bump up to max speed for scripts and general programming, backups you need to knock down a bit.

For circuit error from root 2 3 3 8 1 then 0 for statistics or 2 for status, if circuit is dropping you will see it here.

For Q messaging it is easier to read if you are looking for something in particular, reading it through entirely, it provides a lot of information that deals with everything.

Adrian
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,298
Posts638,870
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,700 Shoretel
189,731 CTX100 install
187,909 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 27
teleco 9
dans 6
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 136 guests, and 329 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024