Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
Ed, what can you tell us about the location. (Once super upper class area of DC, or Alexandria, or?) Sounds like it might make a excellent candidate for a 'remote' of the Smithsonian!

When I was young, I was Liberal. As I aged and wised up, I became Conservative. Now that I'm old, I have settled on Curmudgeon.
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Originally posted by EV607797:
..., that jumper would have lasted another 60 years had Verizon not come in there trying to install FIOS. The customer promptly kicked them off of the premises once they broke it and they demanded that they get the system fixed. ...
Man, I'd like to have seen the look on the FIOS tech when they showed him to the equipment room. Probably something along the line of "What the F*** is that" :rofl:

Actually it shouldn't have been that hard to trace the CO pairs from the demark and flip them over to the FIOS ONT without disturbing any of the inside wiring.

Along with the question of equipment rental, are they getting ripped off for inside wire maintenance?

Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
OP Offline
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
John, it is installed in a posh residence in Upper Northwest, DC.

In the picture of the MDF, the white wires that you see flying all over the place were pieces of four-pair that the FIOS genius ran in his effort to send in the dial tone.

I seriously doubt if the customer is still paying any form of equipment rental. I remember about 18 years ago, AT&T sent out notices that they were abandoning billing and support for all mechanical PBX/key equipment. We were hired by many apartment and condo management companies to rip out the cord boards and secretarial answering equipment. I sure wish that I had held onto some of that stuff.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
Correction, it is a 755A PBX. 4 trunks, 20 stations.

Arthur P. Bloom
"30 years of faithful service...15 years on hold"

I have finally found what I need for my home! To heck with 1A2 lunchbox. THAT is what people should start demanding from their phone companies!

Joe

Real comms took 200lb teletypes, hand keys, sounders, operators and cranked phones!
Moderator-1A2, Cabling
Moderator-1A2, Cabling
Originally posted by TeletypeJoe:
THAT is what people should start demanding from their phone companies!

Joe
When I worked for GTE we had some oddball accounts. One of them was at (one of) the home(s) of Adnan Kashoggi the (in)famous Saudi Arabian arms dealer (implicated in the Iran-Contra scandal).

Mr. Kashoggi had a LARGE duplex apartment in Manhattan that he was only at occasionally. It was fully staffed - butlers, maids, chauffeurs, and a switchboard operator.

He had a GTD-60 (with a console!) there that we maintained.

Sam

"Where are we going and why are we in this hand basket?"
Arthur I tought it was a 755 but it's been so long since I've seen one I forgot what they looked like. By the way just before I left Los Angeles I worked on an old wooden cordless board, tried to make a deal with owner to remove it when ever; but some Salesman got it. Oh well.

Ed,

I am in complete awe. It must have been mindblowing when you got to the customer's home and saw this.

Again it is a reminder of what our country was once capable of from a manufacturing perspective. I'll bet this thing could keep running for another 60+ years without skipping a beat.

Lou

Moderator-Vodavi, Vertical, XBlue
Moderator-Vodavi, Vertical, XBlue
Ed, I hope you left your business card by the equipment in case it goes into their estate when they pass on.

- Dave S. -

You can never appease your ideologue opponents.

Just out of curiosity, are those plug-in relays or are they directly soldered in place?

Joe

Real comms took 200lb teletypes, hand keys, sounders, operators and cranked phones!
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  ChrisRR, EV607797, Silversam 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,299
Posts638,875
Members49,770
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,748 Shoretel
189,822 CTX100 install
187,947 1a2 system
Newest Members
Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D.
49,769 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 21
teleco 9
dans 6
dexman 6
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 116 guests, and 317 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024