Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#479937 02/05/07 10:24 AM
OP Offline
I need to connect 1 microphone to about 9 bogen tpu-100b amplifiers for emergency backup. They are already using the tel page & music inputs on amps , so will have to use the mic inputs, but what will i need to go 1mic output= 9 mic inputs

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#479938 02/05/07 10:53 AM
Admin
Admin
They make microphone splitter boxes that the media uses its been to long of time to remember who but it may come to me later.
:confused:

try this

Merritt

Business Telephones & Equipment + Commercial Audio/Video Products
Commercial Communications . . . Turner, Maine
If it was built after 1980 don't expect it to work right.
#479939 02/05/07 12:35 PM
Need some more info here.

Are 9 amps being used due to separate zones?

How are the tel page and music ports being used now, from a zone controller or just parallel wired?

If you are not dealing with zones, those Bogen amps have bridging jacks on them that can be used to parallel all the inputs. You just need to bridge them with RCA patch cords and feed one mic input.

#479940 02/05/07 02:48 PM
OP Offline
It is an hospital with 9 departments a seperate amplifier for each department, music inputs ar parallel wired, as well as tel page.The microphone will be about 100' away in ER

#479941 02/06/07 12:59 AM
Sounds like the original installers didn't know what they were doing.

Only the first amp should have been fed with the tel page and music inputs. All the rest should have been bridged using the jacks. I question the need for 9 amps too, but that's another topic.

A 100feet distance won't be a problem with a low impedance mic (which that amp is capable of). Run 2 conductor shielded and if you want music muting with a switch on the mic, use 4 conductor shielded (that amp has two screw terminals for mic muting).

#479942 02/07/07 04:23 PM
OP Offline
but how do i enter the mic output to each of 9 inputs, will i not have to much loss?

#479943 02/08/07 12:06 AM
You're not reading my posts, I thought I spelled it out pretty clearly!

You feed the mic input on one amp only (pick a master). Those amps have bridging jacks on them. You would take an RCA patch cord and jump from the main amp to the next amp to the next and so on. By doing it this way, the mic is only connected to one amp, no loss, and the bridging jacks are active (meaning they are electronically split, isolated, and maintain the level).

You should also disconnect the paralleled "tel page" and "music" inputs too. Same thing, they only need to feed one amp (the master) and the bridging jacks will carry those signals to the other amps as well. That's why I said the original installers didn't know what they were doing. If you leave them hooked up this way and patch the bridge jacks, you will get a funky feedback noise due to the delay.

#479944 02/13/07 11:40 AM
OP Offline
Here is something else into the mix, only 2 amplifiers play music, Entrance amp & Lobby waiting areas, but they would need to recieve page during emergency, also 2 amps are peavey's and I havent been on site to see if they have a bridged input & output. could I bridge those 2 amps together with a mic input to it, and bridge the other 7 together with a parellel mic connection to it?

#479945 02/13/07 05:00 PM
Well, that makes things a little more complicated.

The bridging jacks on the Bogen amps are two-way, meaning that if you feed an input into any amp along the chain, it will send it to the rest. This is what you want for the mic input, however not what you want for the music.

The Peavey amps will probably have line out and line in jacks on them (one-way, might be labelled pre-out and main-in). What would be ideal is if those two Peaveys are being used for the two areas that require music. If you feed the music into a channel input on the first Peavey, use a patch cord to take line out from it to line in on the second Peavey.

Bridge all the Bogens with RCA patch cords and from the last one go into a channel input on the first Peavey that you have music feeding in to (from a Bogen bridge jack, you will probably need a RCA to 1/4" cord for this).

This will allow any input on the Bogens (feed your mic and tel page into one of them) to carry throughout all the amps. The music feeds only the second last amp which is the first Peavey. This amp (line out) feeds the last Peavey (line in).

One other point, because of those Peaveys, you won't have priority paging anymore (mic cuts out the music). It's too bad they are there, not really designed for a commercial paging application.

#479946 02/14/07 01:20 AM
After sleeping on it, I thought of another way to wire this if two of the Bogens are presently being used for the music zones.

You would link those two music amps only using one RCA patch and the bridging jacks. Make sure music is only being fed into one of these amps and the new mic and tel page has to be fed into one of the other Bogens.

Bridge all the other Bogens (should be 5 of these now) and the last one would go to a channel input on the first Peavey. Line out on that Peavey goes to Line in on the 2nd.

You will now have one RCA bridge jack left on the 5 Bogens. Take that jack and feed it to a channel input on the two music Bogens (you can use the music input jack on the 2nd amp as the music source is feeding the music input on the first amp).

If the Bogen amps are close to each other, you can connect the mic switch to the mic mute terminals on the amp that has the music source connected to it. Don't use the mic input terminals on this amp however, feed the mic itself into the master Bogen of the group of 5. Now you will have music muting when paging with the mic.

If you want me to draw a diagram, confirm what amps you have there (model #'s), the location of them along with which amps are doing music, and I can draw one up for you.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  metelcom 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,303
Posts638,889
Members49,770
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,818 Shoretel
189,937 CTX100 install
188,050 1a2 system
Newest Members
Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D.
49,769 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 25
teleco 9
dans 7
dexman 6
jsaad 5
Who's Online Now
1 members (justbill), 117 guests, and 150 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024