Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Morris Offline OP
OP Offline
We have an Iwatsu ADIM-X with the voicemail card installed. The VMI System Editor v3.02.13 is used to edit the voicemail programming. We use the Iwatsu Programmer v5.0.3162 for the Adix box.

We are experiencing an odd problem getting the "Call Statistics" window to retrieve the data from the ADIX box (Port usage, Simultaneous port usage and Detail.) For several weeks the VMI editor retrieved the data OK for the previous day(s) but suddenly one day it says "None found" after it tries to retrieve the System Statistics.

The first time this happened I was still tweaking the phone system and voicemail and thought I must have changed something to cause the problem. Two weeks later it suddenly started working again, and I didn't think I had changed anything to make it work again.

Three weeks ago, it stopped retrieving the data again and this time I know I didn't make any changes in either the phone system or voicemail system. Three weeks later I still cannot bring up call statistics.

Is this a known issue for the ADIX voicemail card or the VMI editor? I can get the current "System Status" just fine and see the Recent Calls, Mailboxes and General live status.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Iwatsu
Moderator-Iwatsu
Check your setting for background transfers in the customer's profile. Background transfers must be enabled for a lot of stuff to download properly.

Also, are you selecting an appropriate and valid range to view?

[Edited for atrocious spelling]

Sometimes the thoughts in my head get so bored, they go for a stroll through my mouth. This is rarely a good thing.
Morris Offline OP
OP Offline
The Performance tab in Properties does NOT have the "Disble background data transfers" checked, so I assume the background transfers are working, correct? In the same tab "Use streaming mode" is enabled, though grayed out.

When VMI is launched I see "Transmisison in progress" continually in the status bar.

The range I specify is the same one that I had been using before - usually the Beginning of Day and End of Day for the previous date.

At one point when I tried it again it displayed the "Data is being received and processed" for about 35 seconds - thought it was working again but still no data.

I do get current data from System Status Mailboxes window, and data from Recent Calls window.

Moderator-Iwatsu
Moderator-Iwatsu
Are you trying to connect on site or remotely?

Which version of VMI- the card itself- are you using?

Sometimes the thoughts in my head get so bored, they go for a stroll through my mouth. This is rarely a good thing.
Morris Offline OP
OP Offline
It is a direct connection on site.

I believe the card version is ... 8.0? How can I confirm that? The card is an 8-port IX-4EVML one.

Moderator-Iwatsu
Moderator-Iwatsu
After you connect, view the Status tab. Along the top is a listing of the currently installed specs.

Morris Offline OP
OP Offline
Found it:
Product Number: IX_4VML
OS Revision: 06.00.137
Script Revision: 2.02.12
VMA Revision: 02.99.208

Moderator-Iwatsu
Moderator-Iwatsu
Generally, any problems you encounter when trying to collect or send data when using the VMI are the result of a less than perfect connection. There are now 3 different flavors of the VMI, and the current programmer was made to access all of them, but you have to tell the programmer which type you are connected to. If you edit the customer profile, there is a radio button to 'Create a New Control File'. By default, this is usually set to type 1, which works great for the older VMI cards. Try creating a new profile for the customer, but choose the Version 2 file type and give it a try. Having the incorrect file type selected can sometimes cause some real goofy problems.

Morris Offline OP
OP Offline
I created a new control file, version 2. The stats still didn't download.

I tried changing the connection type to Manual rather than LAN, clicked APPLY then changed it back to LAN. Exited VMI and launched it again.

After that I tried grabbing the stats and it downloaded the stats day by day, from 02/20/2009 - 03/04/2009. I left the server room for about 10 minutes to look at a printer problem and when I returned I could not retrieve any stats, even from the days that I had just downloaded them 15 minutes before.

I am going to try connecting the phone system to a different computer and see how that goes. Other than me leaving the room nothing was changed from the time I could download the stats and when I could not...

I also reseated the cables - no change on issue - just doesn't make any sense!

Morris Offline OP
OP Offline
Forgot something I noticed. In help file it states that the stats.cc file is 3.4 MB for IX-4VML and 685 KB for VS-VML.

My stats.cc file is 685 KB. My card is an IX-4VML one. Why isn't the stats.cc 3.4 MB? Where is that determined in the VMI editor?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  JBean3329 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,299
Posts638,878
Members49,770
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,757 Shoretel
189,835 CTX100 install
187,963 1a2 system
Newest Members
Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D.
49,769 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 22
teleco 9
dans 7
dexman 6
Who's Online Now
2 members (Toner, justbill), 127 guests, and 309 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024