web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Hello all....

New to the forum but not to telecom or Iwatsu.
I have 26+ years installing key and PBX systems and have installed lots of Omega III and IV a long time ago... I have always liked the Iwatsu product, rock solid with lots of features...

I'm helping out a church that received an Iwatsu system as a donation and I have the system about 95% complete, I was hoping to get some help with the last 5% (Always the toughest)

Here is the vital stats on the system
- 2 cabinet ADIX/APS system with 7.10 software
- IX CPUHW main processor
- ADIX 3.2.9 windows programing software
- Equipped larger, but I'm using the following:
16 digital ports (two 408 cards) Ext 201 - 216
8 analog loop start ports(two 408 cards)trunks 001-004
4 analog station ports (044 card)Ext 230-233

4VML card with 4 port expansion (Ext 240)
VMI editor 3.00.12
VML = 02.02.06 / OS version = 05.05.00

Here are the issues that I'm having:

#1 - The main AA menu (900) does not detect the fax tone and send to station 230 as programmed.
If I dial Ext 230 the fax machine answers.
In the Menu 900 setup I have...
Action = Transfer
Sub Action = Blind
Parameter = 230
Do I need a mailbox built for 230? (I do have one)
I have noticed that the levels on CO line 1 is average or low.... Is it possible that the fax tone is too low to be recongized by the VML?
Can I add some gain to the CO lines?

#2 - Is there a "Ringer Mute" function.
I have a station in the sound booth of the main santuary..... I want to be able to receive an ICM call, so I cannot use DND, but I want no sound from the phones' speaker. The flashing light is fine. I know how to switch the ICM mode between voice announce and ring.
I have it set to ring set at the lowest ring volume setting with black tape covering the speaker to mute that low ring..... but this prevents me from using the speakerphone when there is not service in the main santuary.....

#3 I have 12KTD-3 phone.....
Is speakerphone standard or optional on this phone
Is there an easy way to tell if the optional speakerphone module is installed without opening the phone.

#4 - The MSG waiting indicator does light when I have a VM, but I cannot figure out how to do auto logon...
I should be able to lift handset, press MSG key and connect to the VML and hear my recorded name and password prompt... I have to dial 240, press # then enter my MB #...

Any help would be appreciated...

SCJ

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Iwatsu
Moderator-Iwatsu
Welcome to the board!

Okay, here we go...

#1) The VM you have installed may not detect CNG tones. I'm gonna research the version. How does the fax transfer to the extension? By default, or by pressing a key?

#2) Program a SILENCE key on the phone in question. The light will still flash, but no ringing OR paging will come thru the phone.

#3) The SSPU board is standard on KTD 2's and 3's

#4)Quick edit: Software version 7.10 does not support the MBOX feature. You're kinda stuck with pushing the MSG key, then #; this all goes back to internal messaging WITHOUT voicemail systems- it makes the system dial the extension number that turned on the MWL, not necessarily the vmail access code. The fact that you have to enter your mailbox number means your integration settings for voicemail are missing/incorrect in Class 4. Setting them to default settings in the voicemail packet items should clear this up for you.

Let us know how it goes!

Sometimes the thoughts in my head get so bored, they go for a stroll through my mouth. This is rarely a good thing.
OP Offline
Thanks for the reply JBean.....

In response to #1 issue...
I wish I could post a screen shot
In the VMI editor, there is a menu mailbox programming form that has a row for each possible action (1 -9, 0, no action, * #, etc)
Listed as a row is "Fax" with the ability to specify a Action, subaction & parameter.
I was under the belief that upon CNG tone detection, it would perform the tranfer as programmed (Like an auto fax switch)
For me it has to be auto.... I do not believe that fax callers react well to press * to send a fax, or dial Ext 230 to send a fax... just too problematic.
I would say that if it is determined that the 4VML will not detect CNG tones, I will put a auto fax switch in front of the ADIX (not my 1st choice)

In response to #2 issue...
I looked in the key template and did not see a silence key in the list of availble features....
Did I miss something, I think I'm at the latest ADIX programming software....

In response to #3 issue...
Thanks for the info on the standard SSPU... can they be disabled with a feature code... I have some that do not seam to work?

In response to #4 issue...
I looked at the software history published by Iwatsu....
I will check Class 4 programming.....
I was kinda unsure how to program the VM ports..
I have them assigned as station 230 (1st port... 237 for 8th port)... I have been dialing the ext # for the 1st port... where do I assign a VM access code that I dial instead of 230?

7.20 appears to be all ACD stuff
8.1 appears to be the latest and last version and I did not see that listed as a feature enhancement... are you say that its not avaiilble on the ADIX/APS platform at any release of software?

Thanks

I'm sure JBean will have more information for you soon, but I have a little bit of input that might help:

1) Go with a stick. They're inexpensive and will get the job done right. Programming the fax in as you did would require a digit to be pressed.

2) I believe "Silence" is only available to attendant stations.

3) To test the speakers on phones that you don't believe are working, just swap them with a known working phone. See if the problem follows the phone. One consideration here... does the speaker not work ever, or just when the station is called it rings instead of answers hands-free?

"I'm the one that has to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life, the way I want to."
-- Jimi Hendrix

Moderator-Iwatsu
Moderator-Iwatsu
You have to consider that the VMI programmer has to be backwards-compatible with existing voicemails. The newest programmer will allow you to program the newest things, but those things may not be available on the particular version your are using. It's not really a 'smart' programmer in that regard. I can't find any info about fax recognition in previous VMI versions. You may want to check Class 1 settings for the port the fax is connected to and verify it is set SLT-FAX. This sends a 'regular' ringtone to the port instead of the double ring for an extension. Some fax machines have trouble recognizing this tone. Also, in Class 10, set the port for the fax machine for pre-ringing (10.13) to wake the fax up. With the programming as you have it, CNG recognition isn't necessary because a time-out transfer to the fax machine is occurring, and it's possible the calling fax is timing out before the transfer.

You have to trick the system to program a silence key on a non-attendant phone by programming the key pattern using the attendant KT instead of the programmer. Navigate to the appropriate pattern and key and enter the SILENCE code (068). Kinda sneaky, huh?

Double check your Class 1 configuration for your voicemail ports. Ensure that they are configured as VM/AA and not just AA. If configured as AA only, lots of packet code info isn't sent, which can cause some of the symptoms you're listing.

The MBOX feature arrived in version 7.2, and was called 'Enhanced Mailbox Access and Notification'. MSG plus # is the easiest way to retrieve messages with your version.

Assign an access code for the vmail group in Class 7, Voicemail/AA Group Access.

Check that Class 10.7 Quick Mode is set to 'ON'. This automatically selects the speaker if a line key or ICM button is pressed.

Let us know...

Sometimes the thoughts in my head get so bored, they go for a stroll through my mouth. This is rarely a good thing.
OP Offline
Thanks for the great info
I will be working these issues over the weekend

SCJ

Fax detection is only available with the 4EVMC I'm told, not 4VML or 4CFM. Your programmmer 3.x was created to handle 4EVMC and anything backward. Auto Fax detect is only capable by an external 3rd party device. See note #1 from Keighlar's post above

If at first you don't succeed, try again before you call and piss off tech support!

Moderated by  JBean3329 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,299
Posts638,872
Members49,770
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,725 Shoretel
189,768 CTX100 install
187,923 1a2 system
Newest Members
Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D.
49,769 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 25
teleco 9
dans 6
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 65 guests, and 316 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024