Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Administrator
OP Offline
Administrator
Checking in to see if any of you guys are getting after these leads???

With no responses back to the leads, I am not sure if there is an interest or not, is there?
We could be posting many more leads. But are holding back to see if this is a viable place to post leads???

The reason we are posting here is, it is easy and it is the Request an Installer section.
Maybe we should post the leads in the other boards by type of equipment and or both?

Maybe we need a new section for referrals?

We are under contrition and almost finished with a new and improved Find and Installer section. Maybe we might want to post the leads there? Here is sneak preview of the site!
Telephone Installers

Any input would be nice and thank you in advance!

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

RIP Admin
RIP Admin
Well I haven't responded to any due to the fact that none have been in my area as of yet. Don't know about the rest of the people of which are in the areas that you have been posting.

Russ runs a local service and private tech center.

[Linked Image from sundance-communications.com][/url]
I think it's a heck of a service to our board members, but they need to respond to the topic for two reasons.

One so you know the customer is being taken care of.

Two so the customer isn't getting a bunch of calls after they have already accepted a tech to do the work.

That's the only way this is going to work efficiently.

I guess there's always the posibility the members aren't interested too and if that's the case they need to say so.

Retired phone dude
Administrator
OP Offline
Administrator
Russ, thank you for getting back to me. You must be checking the post then, if I get one in for your area I will try and make an effort to email it directly to you and/or call!

Bill, I am trying to get the business out the door to the guys and gals in those areas. I just cannot make them do it!
I have not contacted the leads themselves to follow up as I am pretty busy here trying to get equipment out the door.

Understand, that's why we need their input as to whether or not they want this service and why they need to respond if they've accepted a job.

Retired phone dude
Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
I look at all of the active posts on a daily basis and definitely look at the request an installer post... i just haven't seen one in my area either. I would definitely replay and contact them if i could do the work.

I'd love to see a new installers section...

Same deal here, nothing is in my area...

Jeff Moss

Moss Communications
Computer Repair-Networking-Cabling
MBSWWYPBX, JGAE
I too look daily, and it's the same with me, none in my area. I will keep looking and will respond when there is something there for me. Thanks.

Richard
AVAYA-NORTEL-SAMSUNG-PANASONIC-MITEL
www.acceleratedtelecom.com
Administrator
OP Offline
Administrator
Maybe we should get a master list going that includes the area(such as states), brands, training/certificates, distance willing to travel, excreta, excreta.
We are selling equipment in every state and customers are calling for service every day from every corner of the country.
I have loads of trust in the mods and admins, its getting all the rest to let us know!

Retired Admin
Retired Admin
"The webpage cannot be found"

The State and Local around here believe if their budget request is 25% above last years and they only get a 15% increase, then they have cut their budget by 10%...

That's why the Oregon webpage cannot be found. Don't believe me? Ask Bill Flippen

Dean
Photographs:
https://www.instagram.com/deanwilsoncanby/
https://fstoppers.com/profile/deanwilsoncanby
https://www.facebook.com/Dean-Wilson-Photography-112841337020414

Please don't confuse your "Internet Search" with my licenses, certifications and over 30 years experience.

"Thank you for calling Technical Support. If you feel you have reached this number in error, please hang up and press redial."
RIP Admin
RIP Admin
A master list can be useful but in my case I can cover just about anything, if i don't work on it I probably know someone local who does or can always get with my friends on the board to help if they work on it as I would be more then happy to help them if they need my help with something I cover that they don't,,, kinda the way we've done things for years.

PM sent

Larry

Authorized Avaya Business Partner
I agree with Russ...over on the hardware store message board there are always people needing phone systems/service and I know someone on the board just about anywhere that I can refer them to with confidence.

Jeff Moss

Moss Communications
MBSWWYPBX, JGAE
I check this board all the time for leads. I am always interested in local work.

Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
Any leads in NY and I would respond. Haven't seen any.

Admin
Admin
Here you go Ken
NY lead

I like the idea and it may bring work to members but as most have said nothing in my area.

Merritt

Business Telephones & Equipment + Commercial Audio/Video Products
Commercial Communications . . . Turner, Maine
If it was built after 1980 don't expect it to work right.
Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
Thanks Merritt

But there is no contact info there.

Ken

RIP Admin
RIP Admin
Ken,

Click on the link Merritt posted and then send the DaBlackGreek a email or private message, I think that's what Merritt had in mind.

Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
OK thanks

Than note in the topic that you are taking care of it, if that's the case. We'll get this working smooth yet. :thumb:

Retired phone dude
Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
Hasn't been any postings for this neck of the woods (no pun intended Bill....LOL) either.

Avaya SMB Authorized Business Partner. ACIS/APSS
ESI Certified Reseller/Installer
www.regal-comm.com
RIP Moderator-Nisuko-Tie, General
RIP Moderator-Nisuko-Tie, General
I read here several times a day and haven't seen any in my area

one suggestion is to head them all the same

Something like:

SERVICE NEEDED ....SW FL

INSTALLATION NEEDED ....ATLANTA

etc ,etc

no need to try to put it all in the title like your doing now it gets confusing

Skip
------------------------------------

Serving SW and West central Fl since 1984
A client of mine in another part of California asked for some wiring, patch panel, etc. It was too impractical for me to drive out there. I recommended that he use the "installers needed" section, and told him there were excellent pros on this blog. He did and was thrilled with the work done by Mike Ellison at Tel-Path Communications. Thank you Mike and moderator please edit this if we can't mention names.

Administrator
OP Offline
Administrator
Yes, Skip I will try to keep it simple!
On another note, we are getting ready to launch on usedphones.com checkout ---- "Do you need an installer to contact you for installation or service?"
This would add many more leads nationwide, and would also be a little different to the call in leads.

Any suggestions and or help is much appreciated thank you.

Moderator-Nortel, Computers, General
Moderator-Nortel, Computers, General
PM sent

Scientists say that the universe is made up of Protons, Neutron & Electrons. They forgot "Morons".
Dave. (CTUB) Canadian Techs Use Bix!
Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
Mike,

I try to check the board ever other day or so. I am in the same boat as others, nothing in my area usually. I appreciate this forum though, because you never know who might just call you. For us its a free advertising and contact medium, so thanks for that!!

Z-man
Avaya SME Authorized Partner
www.omniofficetech.com
Administrator
OP Offline
Administrator
Hi Z-man, I do not know your name, I did look at your site for a name and did not see one. I am planning on getting to know you/your company as well! I would like to thank you for replying to this topic as each and every response gives me a few more good ideas. I looked here and saw your banner listing at the top of the page. I think this might be a good way for us to contact the companies that have placed banner ads with us FIRST!

In the last 10 months or so, all of us at Usedphones.com have been telling companies to go here and place a request. Most of the customers were not doing it. Then I told our employees to start getting their info and post it. Well, that did not work very well as our employees are not getting they way I do. I decided to take matters in my own hands. It was making crazy to see how much work was being passed over. I am devoted to seeing this through and seeing others make $$$ as well!

The next step is to script our site so at checkout the customers can click a check box to be contacted by you guys for installation and service work.

Thank you Z-man!

Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
Mike .... you should try and capture this work / revenue somehow.. it seems like there is the potential for a decent, consistent demand for our services but there will be some administration work for you ... I personally would have no problem compensating you for this work if it leads to work for me.

Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
Originally posted by usedphones:
Hi Z-man, I do not know your name, I did look at your site for a name and did not see one. I am planning on getting to know you/your company as well! I would like to thank you for replying to this topic as each and every response gives me a few more good ideas. I looked [b] here and saw your banner listing at the top of the page. I think this might be a good way for us to contact the companies that have placed banner ads with us FIRST!

In the last 10 months or so, all of us at Usedphones.com have been telling companies to go here and place a request. Most of the customers were not doing it. Then I told our employees to start getting their info and post it. Well, that did not work very well as our employees are not getting they way I do. I decided to take matters in my own hands. It was making crazy to see how much work was being passed over. I am devoted to seeing this through and seeing others make $$$ as well!

The next step is to script our site so at checkout the customers can click a check box to be contacted by you guys for installation and service work.

Thank you Z-man! [/b]
Mike. Zane is the name

Z-man
Avaya SME Authorized Partner
www.omniofficetech.com
I agree with upstateny's post! Not sure how you would want to set it up but I'm all for it.

BTS
what I see most is that they have been told a prices that it should be installed. Some of the prices I can't put the equipment in for that prices I don't need the jobs that bad if I am olny breaking even or losing money.
Not saying that it going to happen here but I don't let anyone tell me what to charge.
I look at this alot and only got one job off the installer page

ALWAYS PUTTING OUT FIRES
Quote your pricing and they can take it or leave it. Sounds like you got one job you wouldn't have otherwise had? Keep looking, it's worth a shot in my opinion.

BTS
Appreciate the leads

I have been looking here as well but have not seen anything in my area either. S Ga and N Fl

Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
Got a couple, closed both.
Thanks
Ken

Administrator
OP Offline
Administrator
Awesome, making money! Ken, where are you guys located and what systems do you support?

Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
New York, New Jersey and Southern Conn. AVAYA BP, XBlue, Nortel, Panasonic, Toshiba,
Inter=tel, Excutone.

We are an "Elite ESI Dealer" Xorcom, Ipitomy, NEC, Avaya, Mitel, Sprint Protege, Tadiran, and more. Our territory is NYC, Bronx, Staten Island, Queens, Brooklyn, Nassau and Suffolk.

212, 718, 516, 631

We are a Comdial, Vertical and Avaya dealer. We cover New York City and Long Island, 212, 718,917, 631, 516.

Thanks for providing this service.

Jim Hoey
SST Communications
597 West Monatuk Highway
Lindenhurst, NY 11757

631 956 0100

Jim Hoey

SST Communications
597 West Montauk Highway
Lindenhurst, New York 11757

631 956-0100

www.sstcom.com

Business telephone systems on Long Island and New York City like Comdial, Vertical, Avaya, Panasonic
Got two so far.Thanks for the leads.

Salt Lake City and up to 4 hr drive.
Certified mitel all Pbx's
Can work on.
Iwatsu-12 yrs
vertical-1yr
avaya-At&T-4 yrs
Esi-3 yrs

You mentioned that "We are selling equipment in every state and customers are calling for service every day from every corner of the country". Is there a way to find out what the biggest demand is for a certain area like northern Wisconsin where I live?

Forty six years and still fascinated with Telecommunications!
We are a ESI,Mitel / Inter-tel dealer, We cover most of Vermont.

Vic Menard
Integrity Communications
[email protected]

Former Moderator-Nortel
Former Moderator-Nortel
I tried to check every now and then but never saw anything in my area. Because of that I think I just forgot about checking - being so busy.

Is there any way to sign up just for that "NEED AN INSTALLER" Topic and then when a new post was entered it would notify us? It would be cool to be notified only for my area - but I would not even ask for that. It would be great just to be notified when ANY post was left. Then I would go look and see if it was my area.

In other words just like an individual post when I reply I can check the EMAIL NOTIFICATION when someone replies. But for this TOPIC, I want to get an email for any POST not just a reply in one post.

If CON is the opposite of PRO
Then what is the opposite of Progress?
I have yet to see anything in my area, let alone Ohio at all...

Jeff Moss

Moss Communications
MBSWWYPBX, JGAE
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Hey Jeff,

The only thing I know about Toledo I learned from Klinger on M*A*S*H. Do you suppose that's the problem?

Dean
Photographs:
https://www.instagram.com/deanwilsoncanby/
https://fstoppers.com/profile/deanwilsoncanby
https://www.facebook.com/Dean-Wilson-Photography-112841337020414

Please don't confuse your "Internet Search" with my licenses, certifications and over 30 years experience.

"Thank you for calling Technical Support. If you feel you have reached this number in error, please hang up and press redial."
Not really, Tony Packo's is pretty good!!

Jeff Moss

Moss Communications
MBSWWYPBX, JGAE
Admin
Admin
Dean, ya missed Lucille and "Saturday Night In Toledo Ohio". The bar was pretty fun, it's now the topless bar IIRC called Brenda's Body Shop, but it was a small C&W bar with a really good musician who played a mean sax.

Just like any other urban city in the rust belt, downtown Toledo is really a ghost town now, in spite of the 5/3 field and a new arena, but Bob Seger played there last night. Darius Rucker is scheduled for September and the music venue is pretty good here.

Just this week, the Jeep dealer who was going to sell Jeep 1941 "T" shirts for $19.41 got squashed by corporate. My mom owned a Willys...ugly blue in color IIRC with woodgrain sides, It's the Jeep they still sell and make in Toledo for 70 years.

Also, the names Libbey, Owens and Ford (LOF) ought to mean something. Toledo is know as the "glass city".

Carl

Hey Carl,
Go Rockets! :p

Jeff Moss

Moss Communications
MBSWWYPBX, JGAE
RIP Moderator-General
RIP Moderator-General
Way to go Jeff...you had to mention Tony Packo's...Now I can't get "Hungarian Hot Dog's" off my mind.....mmmmmmm
That's a taste I haven't found anywhere else for sure......

...bob...

Bob Wells
WellComm, Inc.

"As long as nobody's dead or in jail, it can't be all that bad ! "
Let's bring it back. topic

Retired phone dude
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,307
Posts638,895
Members49,771
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,990 Shoretel
190,172 CTX100 install
188,351 1a2 system
Newest Members
Mansour, Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks
49,770 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 17
dexman 6
teleco 6
jsaad 5
dans 5
Who's Online Now
1 members (dexman), 71 guests, and 100 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024