Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
Two Samsung questions from a Nortel guy:

1) What parts are required to upgrade a 4x8 DCS Compact to an 8x8 (or 8x16)?

2) What is the next step up for the iDCS 18D phones? Client needs to have access to 8 line buttons and the 18D doesn't seem to have enough.

Thanks in advance,

D. Ocean
Miami, FLA

D. Ocean
Miami, FL
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

1. You will need an expansion kit, 2 2x4 dli cards. This would make it 8x16. If they have VM (they will already have the exp kit if VM is installed) then you will be at capacity unless you want to use daughter boards in the first 8 keysets on the system.

2 iDCS 28 button sets.

The 18 button set has 18 programable buttons. The only required buttons would be transfer, speaker, and at least 1 call button. Everything else can be programmed for whatever they need or want. What is wrong with a dial 9 trunk group?

Samsung Dealer
www.firstcoastbiz.com
pvj Offline
Moderator-Executone-Isoetec, Samsung
Cracker is right except you can add up to 10 daughterboard cards on any digital port in the system.

I thought you could only add 1 daughterboard to each keyset and they have to be on the first 8 ports. This is a Compact right?

Samsung Dealer
www.firstcoastbiz.com
OP Offline
What is in the "expansion kit"?

No VM.

These are older folks and want to run two separate companies from the same system. I tried explaining the concept of "line pools/pool groups", but they ain't gonna grasp it. Receptionist wants to be able to see which line is ringing for each company. There isn't enough buttons on the 18 button phone for all the extensions, lines & speed-dials.

D.O.

Originally posted by Cracker:
1. You will need an expansion kit, 2 2x4 dli cards. This would make it 8x16. If they have VM (they will already have the exp kit if VM is installed) then you will be at capacity unless you want to use daughter boards in the first 8 keysets on the system.

2 iDCS 28 button sets.

The 18 button set has 18 programable buttons. The only required buttons would be transfer, speaker, and at least 1 call button. Everything else can be programmed for whatever they need or want. What is wrong with a dial 9 trunk group?

D. Ocean
Miami, FL
The expansion kit is an extention of the backplane and fits in the top of the cabinet. You then plug your cards into this extention. You will need to get the expansion kit from someone who already has it in stock since it is discontinued.
You might want to consider an OS100 cabinet

OP Offline
There is a supplier here of OOD stuff. No-way am I changing the cabinet! These folks are cheap. I took the job as a courtesy.

D. Ocean
Miami, FL
pvj Offline
Originally posted by Cracker:
I thought you could only add 1 daughterboard to each keyset and they have to be on the first 8 ports. This is a Compact right?
Remember a Compact can have up to 10 daughter board cards.Wrichey and I have been through this and you can install them on any digital port as long as you only have 10.Now the 50Si and the OS100 can only have 8 on the first 8 extensions(mother board)

This has been confusing in the past but Paul is right and explained it well. :thumb:

Ok Paul, I stand corrected.

Your gonna have to use a 28 button set then. An add-on strip won't work on the Compact

Samsung Dealer
www.firstcoastbiz.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  nameless, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,293
Posts638,827
Members49,768
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,559 Shoretel
189,432 CTX100 install
187,598 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 28
teleco 8
dexman 6
jsaad 5
Who's Online Now
2 members (newtecky, nortelvoip), 132 guests, and 228 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024