web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
Does anyone here have some ideas why I don't get name info over a pri on the Samsung? I have several 100/500's installed with PRI's in the southern california area and I get the number OK, but I never get the name. All the pri's are NI2. I know about mmc 119 that sets the display to name first or number first but that doesn't do anything. Also, I've tried to use the CID button to pull the name info but it always just says "no CLI name". Am I missing something here? Samsung says its a carrier issue but I thought you automatically get name info with NI2. What do you guys think?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

pvj Offline
Moderator-Executone-Isoetec, Samsung
Not sure about NI2 but here's something you might try.
If you have a known cid like your office that you can use set up the translation table with your name and see if it works.If it does then I would guess that the name is not being sent down to the switch.

OP Offline
Are you talking about the samsung feature that pulls the name from the speed dial list?

pvj Offline
It doesn't pull it from the speed dial list but a list you create mmc 728

OP Offline
OK, I'll check it out.

Of the PRIs I have installed I never get Name from the CID. I have asked why but don't want to understand the answer. As it still doesn't give me both name and number.

FTorres388
Calm seas do not make skilled sailors.
A PRI uses ANI not CID. ANI provides number only. Its just a different format. I have seen T-1's provide CID, which is in-band. ANI is out of band on the d-channel. I once had a customer who was receiving a channelized t-1 with in-band CID, but samsung could not support receiving it that way.

So whats the overall answer? You dont get name unless you use analog trunks.

Mitel, Samsung, CTP+ and A+ Certified.
Hi BacherJr

Sorry … but I’ve few PRI on 500 even for R1 with both I displays ,Name and Number CID .The hype is the provider ,it’s a major or pass thru anyone else , so they accepts the game , witch depends on the place, type of major’s interesting, or …… (even no disconnect supervision !) . Keep going for all in the Samsung forum group.

Regards .

OP Offline
This could become a very interesting conversation. Sounds like I need to have a conversation with the carrier.

mathrap, do you guys order your PRI's. Can you remember asking for anything specific to enable name?

You cannot get name and number on ANI.

You wacky Canadians probably have a switch that supports CID over PRI. Not everyone does. It will depend on your location.

Mitel, Samsung, CTP+ and A+ Certified.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  nameless, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,293
Posts638,827
Members49,768
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,564 Shoretel
189,433 CTX100 install
187,599 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 28
teleco 8
dexman 6
jsaad 5
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 138 guests, and 227 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024