Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
RIP Moderator-Nisuko-Tie, General
RIP Moderator-Nisuko-Tie, General
Originally posted by EV607797:
A piece of 400 pair PE89 cable is on the way. That will surely scare anyone away from the big stuff.
no , they will just figure with VOIP they can do the same thing on 4 pair

Skip
------------------------------------

Serving SW and West central Fl since 1984
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Kumba Offline OP
OP Offline
Well, hopefully the pictures from the good/bad work thread's will shine the light on the idea that there's more then just plugging a patch cable in. It cant hurt to attempt to explain why proper wiring is important. Hopefully the pictures and everything else will make it more clear why it is. smile

Originally posted by EV607797:
A piece of 400 pair PE89 cable is on the way. That will surely scare anyone away from the big stuff.
man, i hate those... between slicing fingers open on the shield and getting that gummy crap all over my hands & tools, i've got to be in a good mood to work on that stuff.

"There is one thing and only one thing in which it is granted to you to be free in life, all else being beyond your power: that is to recognize and profess the truth." - Leo Tolstoy
Kumba Offline OP
OP Offline
Well the good news is that I dont have to be too gentle with it, since it's not going to really do anything smile

The bad news is it's PE89. Should be effective either way.

RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
Maybe you can convince them that ALL cable is that way, and if what they are using isn't, it's inferior! The ickypic and shield cut danger should 'scare them straight' as the 'cons' say. (Don't ask) John C. (Not Garand)

When I was young, I was Liberal. As I aged and wised up, I became Conservative. Now that I'm old, I have settled on Curmudgeon.
Kumba Offline OP
OP Offline
Well, once I get the presentation up and done i'll share it so you all can look at it and give me feedback on how good and/or bad it is smile

Just score the sheath and shield, bend back and forth to break and pull it off, should be no problem on that short of length. I use a hook bill Stanley blade to slit the sheath and shield at the same time on longer lengths, I've yet to cut myself. When pealing off the sheath and shield wear gloves.

Hot soapy water to clean the icky pick or alcohol, not the drinking kind. laugh

Retired phone dude
Moderator-Nortel, Computers, General
Moderator-Nortel, Computers, General
Originally posted by justbill:
....Hot soapy water to clean the icky pick or alcohol, not the drinking kind. laugh
Yeah, that "other" kind is used by splicers & cable repairmen up here to keep their innards warm during the winter months.

Scientists say that the universe is made up of Protons, Neutron & Electrons. They forgot "Morons".
Dave. (CTUB) Canadian Techs Use Bix!
Originally posted by justbill:
Hot soapy water to clean the icky pick or alcohol, not the drinking kind. laugh
speaking for all the Irish as we're known to do, i would never dream of wasting ethyl alcohol on anything but my proud, green liver. =)

"There is one thing and only one thing in which it is granted to you to be free in life, all else being beyond your power: that is to recognize and profess the truth." - Leo Tolstoy
Kumba Offline OP
OP Offline
The presentation went great. It was funny with that cable splayed open. I told them all when I brought it out to "Not touch this cable, it is flooded with gel and will stick to everything". Listened to them complain about sticky fingers for hours laugh

BTW, they all got a kick out of the technical terms, I.E. MBSWWYPBX errors smile

Thanks all for the help.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,309
Posts638,906
Members49,771
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
213,036 Shoretel
190,243 CTX100 install
188,400 1a2 system
Newest Members
dcl, Mansour, Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks
49,771 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 19
teleco 6
jsaad 5
dans 5
dexman 4
Yoda 3
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 148 guests, and 143 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024