web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
I just recently completed a project for the feds. They did not purchase CSUs for their PRIs. I questioned this, but at that point they were unable to secure additional funds to add them to the job (if you've done fed gov't work, you know how that goes...)

When I tried to turnup the circuits, we were unable to get the D-channels to even come up. The ATT tech insisted it was because I didn't have a CSU between the smartjack and the switch.

I was skeptical because I've had other installations run T1/PRI without a CSU. Having a couple of the Adtran ACE in stock, I temporarily threw one up on the wall and bam! that PRI came right up. Take the CSU out and plug direct to the smartjack - no dice.

An ATT tech later explained it had something to do with the card in the smartjack and an issue with a lack of sufficent repeaters on the cicuit. The CSU regenerates the signal to the PBX maybe?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Hmmm. The feds telling you to not install a component that the FCC (the other feds) mandates.

CSU's are more than just a testing facility. They really do condition the field side of the circuit and tame it before it's presented to the CPE.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
Sounds like everyone knows what a CSU is in the forum. smile

As a former 'Fed', let me assure that most agencies don't 'talk' to one-another. More on-topic however, most PBX systems I've encountered as of late have integrated the CSU function on their interface (program in s/w as DSX or CSU). That being said, most of them support signal regen capability only, and do NOT support loop-backs. Finally, I've seen references to the "legal" aspects - can someone be more specific? I believe this is a Part 68 issue?
Thanks,

jazwiner welcome to the board. welcome
Please take note on the date of this thread and post by starting a new thread.
Thanks for your understanding and future cooperation. smile smile

Originally posted by CMDL_GUY:
jazwiner welcome to the board. welcome
Please take note on the date of this thread and post by starting a new thread.
Thanks for your understanding and future cooperation. smile smile
I don't get why you say that??????? Why have many threads when you have one place to look for a related question? I am a gatekeeper in a boating forum, and I delete duplicate threads for that reason. I would rather read all the info in one thread then jumping to many threads.

It is also better for the people that want to help and offer good info, they don't have to repeat the answers they already gave.

I ask this question out of respect, or maybe to educate me on what I am missing.

Walter

Walter, we do discourage digging up old post unless you have something helpful and pertinent to the original topic. One reason so we don't get a bunch of stuff all thrown in one topic, which is why we try keeping things on topic as well. Also when the search feature is used it helps people find what they are looking for without sifting through a bunch of things that has one post on the topic and 15 not really relevant to the topic. We are also continually getting new brains and blood so a new better solution may have been found to an old problem and warrants a new start. Hope that explains it some.

Retired phone dude
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Silversam 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,303
Posts638,888
Members49,770
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,808 Shoretel
189,897 CTX100 install
188,031 1a2 system
Newest Members
Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D.
49,769 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 25
teleco 9
dans 7
dexman 6
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (Toner, Professor Shadow), 176 guests, and 147 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024