Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Moderator-Comdial, ESI, Voicemail, Cisco
OP Offline
Has anyone done this successfully? If so, can you give me any tips or pointers? I'm also wondering if there is ANY way to accomplish VM Line ID without dividing up ports. I'm going in to correct integration on one that someone else installed. Right now they have the first 5 VM ports set to answer after 6 rings. Their main lines ring at the receptionist's phone and at VM (not using coverage for this). Then on the other 3 ports, those are the ones that are in group 770. Those three ports also are set to ring on incoming calls to their back door. Again, no coverage for this, just direct ringing. Shouldn't I be able to put all 8 ports into group 770, and then have some lines delay ring to voicemail, while others immediate ring? The customer wants to add a few more lines to be covered on a delay ring situation, but they will likely want them to be answered by a specific greeting. I've checked the Key Voice integration notes, but I don't see any way possible to do line ID. Based on what I see in the trans.txt, lines don't identify themselves. Oh, and I believe the Legend version is 7. Thanks!

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

a dtmf digit stream is passed from a legend to an integrated voice mail extension. the digit stream includes information about the call type, original destination and which switch trunk port a new call is received on. if key voice can catch and interpret the digit stream then provide the correct response, based on the digit stream, why would it not be able to play any available and correct voice response to any call that it has answered? avaya's voice mail products are provided with integration software appropriate for the pbx that it is connected to. does key voice possess this integration interpretation software?

HE SEEMS TO BE SAYING SOME KIND OF WORDS
OP Offline
That's good information! Do you know, off-hand, what the string looks like? If not, I can run a trace and see what comes across. It would just be nice to know the order it is listing things in, so I know what I'm looking at. If that is the case, that it's sending all of that info, I definitely can translate it based on the trunk. Key Voice does have integration setups and notes for MANY different switches, including the Legend. It just didn't seem to mention anything about line ID, even in the translation file they setup to work with the Legend. Of course their integration notes were working with version 3, 4, and 5, I think (not sure if there was a difference between that and v.7).

5 years & counting,
I've done exactly that with a Legend a couple of years ago. I ran trace and set up separate greetings based on trunk called. If you email me, I can dig up my integration notes. I should still have the files (trans.txt).

[email protected]

Admin
Admin
I did one Legend 4 or 5 years ago and ran into that issue. It can be done but those trans.txt and integration notes are worth there weight in gold to someone who needs them. My notes have gone the way of my brown hair.

[Linked Image]
I will send you a copy of a trans.txt on a vmail I have behind a legend.

have put a few 3rd party Vmails behind Legends.
Avaya does a lot of testing ports, "false rings" so you will need to make sure these tests are setup to do a disconnect. Otherwise it will do whatever you have setup for nothing pressed setting, usually go to operator. So they will get "no one there" a lot.
Doing a trace will help, but here are a few:
#06###
#07###
#08###
#10###
#11###
#00#(extension)## = login to mailbox

OP Offline
Is there a VM Xfr option with this integration? Right now they are transferring to voicemail group (770), waiting, dialing the extension + * then hanging up to get the call there. I'm hoping I can simplify this for them. If this is possible, does anyone know which line of integration is for this? Is the button (program) called VM Transfer? Can they use it with DSS OR dialing the extension? Is transfer-bypass digit (*) required?

And then for Auto Login, what's the button (program) called?

Sorry about the simple questions. I'm sure with enough time and effort I could find some of this info in various documentation, but I figured someone might know this stuff off the top of their head. Thanks!

Moderated by  5years&counting 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,287
Posts638,793
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,224 Shoretel
188,993 CTX100 install
187,380 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 7
dexman 5
dans 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 135 guests, and 404 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024