web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
mhill16 Offline OP
OP Offline
I am opening my own business, and have a need for a 2-4 line system, with an attachemnt for answering machine and fax. I will use cable or dsl for my pc hookup. I will be alone in the office with only part time help the first 2 months. Phone needs to roll to next line for 2nd or 3rd or 4th calls or fax if line 1 is busy. what do you all suggest as a good starter system that won't break the bank?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Comdial
Moderator-Comdial
Off the shelf product like GE's 4 line telephone. Three phone lines is all you'll need. 1 main that rolls to the second. If you want the second rolling to the third (fax) I would suggest a line share device like Command communications 5500. Go with dsl if you can get it. It's usually half the cost of cable. 2 phones, fax, line share, answering mach approx 400.

I have to disagree with the previous post. Buying one of those GE or AT&T of the shelf systems is a complete waste of money. There are many small systems out there that are very affordable and will grow as your business grows. Suppose that in the first 3 months your 4 line system is suddenly maxxed out & everyone is getting a busy signal. Then, after the money spent on the off the shelf system, you have to go out and buy an actual system. There are systems out there that are very affordable such as the Comdial DX-80, Vodavi STS & the Iwatsu Adix.

If you forsee any growth at all, I would tend to agree with Capitol. I would go ahead and purchase a small system with the ability to expand. The STS he mentioned is reasonably priced and has a intergrated VM card availble that would serve you better than an answering machine and since you will be by yourself to start, the Auto Attendant can hanlde the other lines while your talking on the other. It also has two single line ports you can add a cordless and your fax machine to.

it depends on how many units you need. i can't stand the 4 line att, ge systems but people still buy them and after a year they break down. i do like the wireless panasonic 2/4 lines systems. available through a panasonic dealer (i recommend this over office depot as they should come in cheaper) or as i just said it is available at office supply stores. they are very easy to use. voicemail on every extension (up to 8) plus general mailbox. they also have stations with handsets if you don't like the handheld idea but they too are wirelss which reduces your cabling costs. you just have a need for (1) 4 pr cable ran to 2 jacks for the base station. cost efficient for the small guy, yet still expandable and feature rich.

RIP Admin
RIP Admin
Nec, Comdial, Avaya, Vodavi, all make a very cost effective small package that will grow as your office grows and give you much more features. I would defiantly look at putting in a small system before I bought the ATT or GE phones, if you are set on getting them then I would go with the Panasonic as DARCOMdan suggested.

Russ runs a local service and private tech center.

[Linked Image from sundance-communications.com][/url]
MY 2 CENTS WORTH......those standalone 4 line phones are a waste of money....

Make that initial investment on a phone system with voice mail....lease it if you have to and your monthly payments are a few bucks a month which also is a 100 percent tax writeoff and a good credit builder if you are new in business....

mitch taylor
www.GetwiredByMitch.com

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,289
Posts638,797
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,355 Shoretel
189,018 CTX100 install
187,395 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 21
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 3
dans 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 152 guests, and 120 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024