Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
#196519 04/24/09 04:42 PM
Re: one way audio...
Did you go to a CIX670 IP phone and look at/verify the IP/Subnet/Gateway addresses?
Did you physically go to a CIX40 IP phone and compare that to the other?
What are the addresses seen? This MUST be done at the set.
I know we assume that the DHCP works, but we all also know what assuming does...
;>)
Dave

Manager of technical services
Mitel/Toshiba dealer for 25 years
TAG member
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#196520 04/27/09 02:47 AM
AndyK Offline OP
OP Offline
I've tested this with a phone that does have the correct gateway on it, and it still does not work. I have a test phone for each site set up at this main site. Both have the right gateway. I also went to both sites and saw that each phone is getting the proper default gateway.

The one way audio problem persists.

As far as the QSIG thing, the CIX's are definitely networked through QSIG so I guess I see what you mean there. I know that not all of the features are available because the voicemail works differently here on the main site that it does at the remote sites. They can still access it fine, but at the main site it gives you options to use the softkeys for the different menu options where as the remote sites it does not. I just thought maybe since that was an audio problem, then it may be related to the other audio problem with the DID's.

What you said makes sense though about the gateways because the same applies if you have remote sites with computers..they need a static route if they don't use the router that connects the networks as the gateway. It just doesn't seem to be the problem here.

#196521 05/30/09 01:45 AM
AndyK Offline OP
OP Offline
Well, an update on this after a month or so...

I had my dealer come out to take a look at the problem. Apparently this portion of things was still covered under our warranty.

Anyway, in a nut shell...we've rebooted the phone systems, updated the MIPU software, changed the protocol on the PRI from Nat'L ISDN to Nat'L ISDN Nortel...,none of these worked.

The dealer is stumped, and so is Toshiba. Toshiba has looked at the programming for the phone system and found nothing out of order, nor did the dealer.

We're going to try updating the software for all of the phone systems on Tuesday. We'll see what happens.

#196522 06/02/09 01:13 PM
AndyK Offline OP
OP Offline
Well, call this one resolved!

The problem was resolved by upgrading the phone system software to the latest version.

Interestingly enough this also resolved the issue with not being able to announce to stations at the remote locations as well. Awesome!

#196523 06/02/09 02:11 PM
Good to know.

#196524 06/02/09 06:45 PM
To Andy and all the people who replied...
I should be dead cuz if you stuck a gun to my head I would have bet my life on a router/port blocking problem.
Holy guacamole!
I suck ;>)
Thanks!

Dave

Manager of technical services
Mitel/Toshiba dealer for 25 years
TAG member
#196525 06/03/09 02:02 AM
AndyK Offline OP
OP Offline
No worries Dave! I appreciated your suggestions and that you wanted to help. I don't believe it's a bad thing to throw stuff out there especially when you've had a similar experience.

Thanks to everyone who contributed.

In more detail for those who want to know, Toshiba told the tech from our dealer working on this problem to change the ChMethod all to Channel Number B and click the checkbox for 08,09, and 11 on program 302 for PRI and IP QSIG. Strangely enough before we did the upgrade we could not do this. Each time we submitted the changes, eManager put them right back to what they were before. The software upgrade however, automatically made the changes. The only other thing we needed to do immediately following the upgrade was reset the PRI.

Toshiba also said they wanted to delete the channel group(this was after we couldn't get the changes to stick), but were unable to do so since it was during business hours. I'm not sure if this may have resolved the issue alone without the upgrade. It would be interesting if someone with the same problem tries this method and resolves the problem as well.

I guess there are a few possible solutions to this, but if you're with a dealer and have the means to get the software upgrades, I would just go for that.

Thanks again everyone!

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,297
Posts638,866
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,672 Shoretel
189,623 CTX100 install
187,863 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dans 6
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 126 guests, and 264 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024