Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Admin
Admin
My first question is, Are you happy with your current vendor and have they treated you fairly in the past? If the answer is yes and their bid is within the ballpark then you should stick with them. If the answer is no throw their bid out and call the references from the other vendors. The product is only going to function as good as the installation so the vendor is more important then the brand.

Merritt

Business Telephones & Equipment + Commercial Audio/Video Products
Commercial Communications . . . Turner, Maine
If it was built after 1980 don't expect it to work right.
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Sorry to disagree, but in our area a Dynamic PRI beats analog hands down for any system with more than 1 company to answer phones for. (IMHO)
The reason being: you don't have to allocate line capacity to each company or dept. If you buy 12 channels they can be used in any manner (2 calls in for comp A and 8 calls in for comp B then go to 8 for A and 2 for B)
The phone rings and the display tells you how to answer.
Also allows the use of cell phone twinning and off premise transfer without volume loss.

Moderator-Allworx, Nisuko-Tie, Vodavi
Moderator-Allworx, Nisuko-Tie, Vodavi
Most manufacturers saw the writing on the wall and have incorporated PRI cards in their small systems.
It's a way in which the small guys can have all the bells & whistles of the 100 plus user system.

It's a good deal when the cost to have 12 or so lines is more than the cost of a PRI/DID circuit.

Why NOT have a set-up like brokeda has laid out. It may not be for everyone--but it makes sense.

Around here the break-point is about 8-10 analog business lines. Once you hit that number or higher it's just as much to have a PRI delivered, plus you get all the PRI benefits.

I don't see a disagreement here on the value of a PRI/DID circuit. In fact I definitely agree. I apologize for my lack of communication skills. I base my current opinion on my belief that it may be a shoe that doesn't fit well for this member at the current time. Maybe down the road but not currently.

Since the member has already stated that their is a Partner already in place then I assume their are already analog lines in place and some sort of data circuit, probably DSL that is part of the current providers package.

I never have been crazy about major communications changes in an office by both a system dealer and a service provider. Too much of an opportunity for each of them to blame each other when the cutover doesn't go perfect. And we know they never do.

Also changing over from analog to PRI will probably include a new data circuit which will bring the computer gurus into the cutover mix.

One other item that always seems to associate itself with PRI/DID is non-technical but important. Allowing the PRI provider's sales person to close the deal when he or she infers that each office member will have their own private number or numbers depending upon the pilot programming leaves the customer with the impression that this can't be accomplished with their current analog configuration. When the customer falls for it and dumps it on you to implement it can eliminate many of the possible incoming call configurations you have relied on to please the customer in the first place.

I personally don't like eliminating my systems features in order for a sales person from who knows where to make their sales quota.

PRI's definitely have a value in the market and I agree 100% with my fellow techs brokeda, JWRacedog and Kumba.

I won't argue the point that some of the others have of what type of lines you need etc because none of us know all of the details of your business.

As for the comments from the Avaya dealer that disturbs me a bit. The price difference you mentioned seems a little high between the systems but without the details of either quote, again I can't say what is fair. The differences in price may just be the dealer's involved. If there are any more reputable dealers for both brands in your area, it might be worth while to do a little comparison shopping.

As for the more advanced technical skills needed, I'd agree that is mostly BS from a salesman. Again, the hourly service rate should be compared to other companies in the area. While the IP Office may require slightly different technical knowledge compared to some systems, I would say it is no "harder" than any other system in the same class.

MK3 Offline
Hi.

From my research which has been quite extensive. The 3 systems you should consider are:

1. Samsung
2. Panasonic
3. ESI

The bashing of competitors products is not allowed, period. Read the rules for posting and Terms of Service.

If it were me, being or Scotch and German descent (i.e. cheap), I'd be looking at some of the now discontinued Panasonic KXTD systems that are being uninstalled from "everywhere" for no good reason.

These systems will be around for years yet as they were workhorses for many years up until a very little while ago, and I would expect them to be very common for another 6 to 7 years yet. Most phone guys know their way around these units and should have one or two laying around.

I love the Panasonic hybrid systems, and would be looking at a KX-TD 816. You could have 8 digital (system) phones and up to another 8 plain old phones without any expansion cards, or up to 16/16 with one EXT card.

Hope that helps, rather than confuses,
Jason

Originally posted by MK3:

The system you should avoid would be:

I would avoid these guys like the plague.
Please avoid bashing any one manufacturer like this, especially when your opinion is based on a single account of second hand information.

Every company building tech products is capable of putting a few lemons on the market, just as there are some amazing products that come from unlikely sources. You cannot judge every product that comes from a company based on one experience, either good or bad. (Especially when the experience was not even your own.)

I can tell you there are several phone system brands that I had never heard of until I came to this site. I have no experience with these product lines, and I cannot tell you anything about them. But I can tell you that if I were to bash those products, I would be insulting a number of people on this board who choose to sell and service these products. These are people with a great deal of knowledge, experience, and personal integrity. If they choose to represent and stand behind a manufacturer or product line, there must be a good reason.

KLD Offline
"I never heard of the ESI phone system before today. I have spent a few minutes looking over their website."

MK3 you posted this on March 22, 2008, in the ESI forum.

My question is......

How thorough and extensive is your research?

And please qualify your experience/expertise in this area.

Ken
---------
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,299
Posts638,872
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,722 Shoretel
189,760 CTX100 install
187,921 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 27
teleco 9
dans 6
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 94 guests, and 265 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024