web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
my home phone run about 1000ft or more i'm experiencing the following problem for quiet some time with no help from my phone company is there any tester i can used to find the problem
not all the time just a few time a day when someone call the phone in the house ring once, then disconnect. For example, I use my cell phone to call the house, the house phone rings once, then stops ringing same when my girlfriend call from a land-line sometime. Nothing wrong with outgoing calls and my internet work ok. i did this test and experience the same problem, i went outside and disconnect the line into the house and connect 1 phone directly where the company line come inside the house i test it for a day and i still experience the same problem what caused that and how can i test further on the telephone line or fix it myself

none
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

It's called a ring trip. Usually caused by corrosion someplace bridging the pair. If you experience the problem at the NID or demarc then there is nothing further you can do except call the problem into your telco repair.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
OP Offline
thanks hbiss i have a hard time trying to convince them the problem is on there end i was wondering if there's any test i can do or used to test the phone company line myself indicating the problem, i don't know if this might caused the problem, that blackwire that the all phone company use, run and stop on top of a light pole that house my meter they spliced it there onto a grey rj45 cable that run to the demarc box about 15ft away there are 3 240v electrical wire ontop of the pole where they splice the wire onto the grey rj45 cable the 240 electrical wire is in close proximity about 2" beside the grey rj45 wire will that play any part in the problem

none
RCA Offline
albertldee, you mentioned in your first post...

i did this test and experience the same problem, i went outside and disconnect the line into the house and connect 1 phone directly where the company line come inside the house i test it for a day and i still experience the same problem

If you performed this test at the NID or demarc as hbiss mentioned above, then you have done your testing. The phone company is responsible to this point.

Rhett
OP Offline
i do understand RCA i just did a auto attendant for my friend with 9 extension everything work perfectly the only problem i have i wasn't getting any dial tone from the demarc box i call at&t, they change it to a new box the next day however i have a home in the carribean which is where i'm having the problem the only way for it to fix is for me to show the guy the problem or fix it myself otherwise i have to pay whoever come out because they claim everything is ok with the line so any help would be great i just know the basic

none
Not sure what else can be done. If it happens at the nid then their is nothing you can do. They telco needs to fix it. You are not allowed to touch anything before your network interface....sorry

I Swear I did not touch anything bash
Sometimes we would put an old fax machine on line to record dropped calls like yours,and use the print out of fax to record dropped calls as record to prove. would need to set ring answer to 1 ring and call in until we had multiple drops and then print out. Also at NID unplug the entrance cord and look closely at the mod end and into the jack to see if any corrosion is visible between center prongs of mod end or jack.

Have you tested the one phone you use at the NID on a known good line to ensure it is good? Have the repair guy come out and prove his line is good by ringing that one phone several times.

JimmyV

"Well informed people know it is impossible to transmit the voice over wires. Even if it were, it would be of no practical value" Boston Post, 1865
Or you could disconnect at the NID and try calling the line from elsewhere with no phone connected to it at all. If the ringing still trips (as heard from calling line) then it's definitely a TelCo problem on the outside line.

We have a lot problems like this with corrosion in the coastal area where I live.

OP Offline
yes paul i did that 2 we all knowit's the teleco problem as everyone said i'm going to look into hiring a private/company tech to fix the problem for me, i email in another request i'm going to c what happen

none
OP Offline
thanks everyone for you support

none
Online Content
If it's in Telco lines or the drop it's their responsibily no private, company can fix it. It could be in the protection in the NID, that someone could change for you, even though they aren't suppose to.

Retired phone dude
OP Offline
thanks justbill for all you help i realy apreciate it as someone indicated disconnect all the phone and c what happen it's the same thing when there is a problem the teleco company send out a private tech if the problem is in the house and u want him to fix it the private tech charge u right there and fix it and keep the money i hope u c where i'm going, it's either u pay r u not getting anything done or fix all the private tech work for the company

none
Where are you located? Are you in the US? I assumed Miami.

I have never seen a telephone company send out a "private tech". My company has sometimes been recommended by our local telephone company techs (not the telephone company itself) to handle customer wiring and other problems that they won't take care of. But even then we cannot touch anything on the telephone company side of the NID or demarc. Any problems there the telephone company HAS TO FIX and they cannot charge you for it. They HAVE to send someone out to diagnose the problem if you tell them the problem is not in your house.

I wonder if you are being scammed by a dishonest telco employee. He or his buddy comes back in an unmarked truck, fixes your problem and gets money from you?

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
Are you with the incumbent carrier, or a competitor? Some CLEC's utilize contractors instead of hiring their own technicians, or to carry additional workload during peak times.

Yeah, we've done work for CLECs like that but it was always AFTER the ILECs NID or demarc.

-Hal

Originally posted by albertldee:
... however i have a home in the carribean which is where i'm having the
Hal.. This 'splains a LOT of why Albert keeps asking.

-----------------------
Bryan
LEC Provisioning Engineer
Cars -n- Guitars Racin' (retired racer Oct.'07)
Thank you Lucy, I'm going down to the club now.

-Hal

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,299
Posts638,872
Members49,770
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,735 Shoretel
189,798 CTX100 install
187,938 1a2 system
Newest Members
Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D.
49,769 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 25
teleco 9
dans 6
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (justbill), 94 guests, and 319 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024