web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
Hello. I have an old Telrad Imagin System. I have been forwarding my calls through my phone company to an after hours service but it got too expensive. I want to use the voice mail feature on the existing. The computer works fine and I can get to the programming to shift things around, but when I push 850 to get to the voice mail on the phone it says BUSY. I can't find any manuals for it and it costs a lot to get a tech out. Any help would be appreciated.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

If 850 is your access code to voice mail, sounds like it is down. Have you tried resetting vm and phone system?

TG
OP Offline
How do I do that? Do you know where I can get a manual for it?

Manuals are at the top of this page. Power down both units.

TG
OP Offline
How long do I power it down for? I turned it on and off or is there a length of time?

OP Offline
How long do I power it down for? I turned it on and off or is there a length of time?

Normally I would give it 10+ seconds.

TG
OP Offline
No Better. Still does a busy signal when I type in the prompt. Any ideas?

Try contacting (pm)the moderators of Telrad or call up a tech, sounds like a serious problem. How long has the voice mail been in-op? Did you change anything in the voice mail screens?

TG
OP Offline
It has been down for the last three years. Our after hours calls were forwarded. I changed some settings in the voice mail screen, but nothing that would interfere. I can't seem to find the right manual and I don't want to pay 39.00 for it. :-)

Are all the original connections in place?

TG
RIP Admin
RIP Admin
So let me get all this straight, the VM (Imagen)is working but it isn't interacting with the Telrad phone system. If that's the case and all the programming is ok then try and pull the OCD card out and reseat it, you can do that with power on and give it about 5 min to come up and see if it works.

Russ runs a local service and private tech center.

[Linked Image from sundance-communications.com][/url]
Moderator-Telrad
Moderator-Telrad
You need tech support or your local dealer. I don't think the manual will help you. This could be a bad ocd card, Bios problem or a cable connections. It really could be anything. Try re-seating the OCD card like DTMF said, but after that there isn't much left to do if the system is programed correctly.

OP Offline
Which one is the OCD Card? What color? I have not idea which one it is. I tried resetting the one with the connection to the voice mail module, but it just took down the phone lines.

OP Offline
Also how do you know what the code is to access voice mail?

RIP Admin
RIP Admin
I hope your kidding??? It is the Yellow one that has OCD on it, all the top tabs will have what they are right on them.

The the code for the vm would be whatever the hunt group was programmed to be.

OP Offline
Mine is yellow but doesn't have OCD on it. Is the red light supposed to be on for it to be working? I checked all the outlets and wires and they are all correct. Could it be a bad plug? Also how do I find out what the hunt group was programmed to be?

RIP Admin
RIP Admin
Well it could be a bad plug but your first steps would be to check the programming on the switch side to be sure your programmed right for VM, the only way to do that is you need the software for the release on a pc or lap top. I see that you used 850 for VM access in your first post if that's what you use to use when you had it up and working and no one changed the programming then it should still be good to go. Your red light should come on when you reset or power up but then go out. There isn't much more we can do on line here but to tell you to get a tech out there, I know that's not what you want to hear but it sure looks like that's your way to go at this point.

OP Offline
Everything has been checked at this point, but I did find that I cannot take the CFNA or CFBY off of call forward....I tried all the instructions, but it won't save it or change it to internal.

Moderator-Telrad
Moderator-Telrad
It matters what version the system is.

# feature 36 (and maybe a 2) for CFNA
# Feature 32 (and maybe a 2) for CFBY

The 2 is for later version and I'm not sure what version your using.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  SSPhone 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,314
Posts638,921
Members49,775
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
213,081 Shoretel
190,295 CTX100 install
188,557 1a2 system
Newest Members
PeterG, lyte, 4thright, dcl, Mansour
49,774 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 19
jsaad 4
teleco 4
dans 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (JBean3329), 169 guests, and 47 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024