web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
Guys, I've just started looking at Telrad switches again after 5 years away from the market. I've many customers on older software versions (pre 7.36) and wonder if it's worth retraining on Telrad for a decent IP switch. My other option is to vend Avaya IP Office (which everyone loves) or other. I don't want the same buggy pain Telrad gave me 10-15 years ago as Telrad UK support isn't great :bang: . Is the (Unite?) product any good or being left behind? Appreciate your opinions Andy

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Administrator
Administrator
I really like the IP products from Telrad. 15 years ago was the end of the 2464 years and the begining if the Digitals. All phone manuf have isses when the start a new product. But the Telrad IP is not a new product Telrad merged to form TelradConnegy some 5 years ago.

RIP Admin
RIP Admin
The digitals have always been a strong system, there was a problem with release 6 but that was fixed pretty fast.As for the IP, I love my softphone.

Russ runs a local service and private tech center.

[Linked Image from sundance-communications.com][/url]
Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
Telrad support is not good. The IP product is ok, only ok. You are right about AVAYA it is the best out there. Telrad is sinking fast or so it seems.

RIP Admin
RIP Admin
[Telrad is sinking fast or so it seems.] I have no idea where you are getting your info, I have never had any problems getting support, I would put Telrad's IP up agianst Avaya's any day.

Russ runs a local service and private tech center.

[Linked Image from sundance-communications.com][/url]
Moderator-Telrad
Moderator-Telrad
hitechcomm must be an Ayava Guy. Telrad Ip works fine and has 99% of all it's in house features Plus it's 1/2 the cost. The sound quality was bad in Version 1 on the TVSE card(witch came out way berfore office ip by Avaya) and now where up to version 3. I uses mine at my house all the time. Customers always say to me I can't beleive your working this late, I Tell that that I always here for my customers.

I not saying Avaya Sucks, Ayava is good too.

OP Offline
I just get the impression that Avaya has the edge when it comes to innovation. If I want to get IP trained by Telrad in the UK, product for the next 2-3 years had better be the best, and I'm just not sure. Here in the UK half of the market are ditching their TDM switches for IP (for good and bad brands). What I want is something to install and just walk away and not have any problems. Not sure if Telrad is this. Cheers Andy

OP Offline
Originally posted by dtmf:
The digitals have always been a strong system, there was a problem with release 6 but that was fixed pretty fast.As for the IP, I love my softphone.
OK, but is it as good or better than other IP kit available? Although I've not priced the Telrad IP yet, I've heard that it is in the top tier. What I'm after is an IP switch that has the reliability and demarcation of a TDM switch, with none of the issues of a soft switch (security, no reliability, feature poor, etc). Andy. Sorry if I sound like I've a Masters in stating the obvious.

OP Offline
Originally posted by hitechcomm:
Telrad is sinking fast or so it seems.
Ha. I could tell you some stories about the UK setup.... Bear in mind Telrad UK is lagging behind the US by about 6 months of testing, etc.
Andy

Administrator
Administrator
Originally posted by hitechcomm:
Telrad support is not good. The IP product is ok, only ok. You are right about AVAYA it is the best out there. Telrad is sinking fast or so it seems.
This is whole post is a load of crap.

If your a Authorized Telrad Dealer the support is better than most manufactures. If Avaya is so great lets see you take a partner system put in a PRI card and a IP card. The IP office is great for the vendor not for the end user. Sorry Mr Customer you will need to throw away all that money you spent for this other equipment for us to install this unstable have to upgrade weekly IP product.
Telrad's products are well tested before release and new features are being added to improve the product everyday.

We all have to say thanks to the Cell Phone industries. With the dropped calls, echos, out of service and all of the other problems end user have become so use to, if it wasn't for them the IP products would have never gotten off the ground. Jitter my a$$

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  SSPhone 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,305
Posts638,893
Members49,771
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,867 Shoretel
189,985 CTX100 install
188,103 1a2 system
Newest Members
Mansour, Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks
49,770 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 17
dexman 6
teleco 6
jsaad 5
dans 5
Who's Online Now
1 members (Keyset6), 102 guests, and 29 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024