Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#172967 05/17/05 03:10 PM
RIP Admin
RIP Admin
Yep, gonna be hard to find the old stuff. I was assuming he/she has a older 486 pc. they can use.

Russ runs a local service and private tech center.

[Linked Image from sundance-communications.com][/url]
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#172968 05/18/05 09:40 AM
Moderator-Telrad
Moderator-Telrad
I didn't read all the posted Msseages so I don't know if anyone suggeated this.

Just replace the 3/14 drive and the hard drive.

You'll have to started from scracth on the Voicemail side but it's not that bad to record the MSG again and tell everyone to clean out there mailboxes. It's happen pleanty of times to me.

You can't replace the motherbraod. That broad is special for the voice card.

If you try to uses another Mother broad it won't see the voice card. But it don't sound like a mother broad issus.
Try scandisk and defrag 1st.

------------------
Need cable or other voice/data hardware? Here's your link. Telephone Supplies

#172969 05/19/05 12:17 AM
I have had plenty of hard drive failures over the years. If start a new disk drive with DOS then transfer the programming it will work. Putting dvc cards into another pc with isa boards can also be done you just have to make sure you have access to change irq 10 and 15.

#172970 05/19/05 02:39 AM
UVI Offline OP
OP Offline
Thank you everyone for your replies. My knowledge is being enhanced with every reply, I truly appreciate it.

We are currently exploring alternative soultions to our issue, but if we diecide to "fix" the system we have these replies will be invaluable.

Do I understand you correctly that to get the cards working in a different PC, or more specifically, on another motherboard, I will need access to the bios with the ability to assign irq 10 & 15 properties other than 'normal' default settings?

Can you be more specific?

#172971 05/19/05 02:47 AM
Administrator
Administrator
This must be the week of Dead ImaGen's. I have had 4 calls this week. As Jay said you can use a different mother board just the hard part is to find a "new" 486 DX2 80 with 2 or more ISA slots. And harddrives small enough to load DOS 6.22 on. But heres a question not directed at anyone but just to think about. What PC are you using on your desk top right now? And how many thousands of time has it been accessed remotly and how critical it is to you business? Telrad has answered the PC issue with a inskin onboard voicemail. Software upgrades for the system and voicemail are free to the dealer and other than the labor to do the upgrade should be free to the end user.

------------------
ssimpson@oneringtelecom.com Need a Telrad Programmer Kit? Telrad Programmer Kits

#172972 05/19/05 09:37 AM
I believe the setting is to be set at "reserved" and the size of the drive doesnt matter as long as you put on the delimiter pin on the hard drive

#172973 05/19/05 05:51 PM
Moderator-Telrad
Moderator-Telrad
Your carzy If you want to try and replace the PC. Just change the drives.

And record the MSG again.

The IRQ 10 and 15 or what ever there are, won't see that DVC broad if you have an LE mach. If your a PC guy, maybe you can figure it out but some Motherbroads see the dvc card some don't. And this is 1/2 the reason Telrad is into the E-magen. JUST CHANGE THE HARD DRIVE. Save yourself alot of time.

I would love to get into to it but just change the hard drive and someone on this web site will send you the software for the IVM. 6.XX or what ever version you want.

You can't just find a mother board for this card. and if you do TELL ME WHERE YOU GOT IT.

------------------
Need cable or other voice/data hardware? Here's your link. Telephone Supplies

#172974 05/20/05 12:07 AM
I do agree with Tony if the only thing thats going bad is the hard drive just replace it.
For replacing the computer I have to go to schools that are getting rid of old computers to see if they can be used, just because it has ISA slots doesnt mean it can be configured for the cards

#172975 07/05/05 02:30 PM
I finally got the Digital400 system up and running at our church. Thanks to the folks in this forum who helped with suggestions & software.

A few weeks ago- shortly before I was scheduled to put the first users on the system, we had a several-hour power outage which outlasted our UPS. So the Digital400 and the Imagen PC got powered down.
Since then, I would get occasional errors or lockups when the weekly disk defragger would run. Thinking I might be in the early stages of a disk failure, I decided to build a backup Imagen PC. I had a spare 4 port DVC card, and a 266 Mhz Pentium II PC with two ISA slots. I formatted the disk and installed DOS 6.22, and then installed the Imagen 5.0D software. So far, so good, except, as forecasted in this forum, the DVC card was not recognized. I checked the IRQ settings in the BIOS, and discovered that all of the IRQs were configured to the PCI slots. When I pointed IRQ10 and IRQ15 to the ISA slots, the card was recognized! I hooked it up to the Digital 400 system, and it worked fine. The voice prompts were the proper speed & pitch, and I could see no problems with it. So, it IS possible to make an Imagen from a Pentium-class PC. This particular one was made by Tangent, and had an AMI BIOS.
I left both IRQ10 & 15 pointed at the ISA slots. I don't know if both of them were needed or not. Has Telrad ever published a specification for which IRQs are used by the DVC card(s)?

I did go back to the old Imagen PC, and ran the detailed surface scan option of Scandisk. Even though it found no new bad clusters, it has worked just fine since. So, I am still using the original Imagen PC. But now I feel better knowing that I have a spare if I need it.

Larry

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  SSPhone 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,314
Posts638,921
Members49,775
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
213,076 Shoretel
190,292 CTX100 install
188,557 1a2 system
Newest Members
PeterG, lyte, 4thright, dcl, Mansour
49,774 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 19
jsaad 5
dans 4
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 102 guests, and 46 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024